Goals have been set to accomplish more in 2019. Our growth as men and as community leaders must develop each and every day. F3 has taught us that our bodies and minds can be pushed past limits we never realized.
33 Men kicked the fartsack in the teeth this morning to start a new year off right. PAX showed up from all corners of F3Columbia. A few years ago a new AO called #BLITZ was established at Memorial Stadium. The concept was to have a 30 minute workout instead of 45 that was geared to encourage FNG’s. WE’RE BACK! Runners as well as bootcampers were represented and awaiting what was in store from all former and current 1st F Q’s. Chaser, Hee Haw, Cornstache and YHC were in charge Here’s the THANG!
Conditions: Soggy and 65. HUMID!!!!!
Mosey to Rosewood Park across the street from Memorial Stadium. This was the only portion of the workout themed for the New Year.
Circle up, Count off. 32 total (we gained one during the workout).
20 SSH IC
19 Squats IC
20 LBC’s IC
19 Merkins IC
HEE HAW’s Turn.
Mosey to the playground. Split into 4 groups. 1’s, 2’s, 3’s, and 4’s.
1’s – 10 Pull-ups, 10 Merkins (2 1/2 minute AMRAP)
2’s – Step-ups on the picnic table seats (2 1/2 minute AMRAP)
3’s – 10 Squats, 10 LBC’s (2 1/2 minute AMRAP)
4’s – Plank (2 1/2 minute AMRAP)
Turns over the Cornstache a wee bit early. No problem for a man of his talents.
Mosey over to the parking lot at the park and circle up. Tabata 20 sec on 10 sec off:
- squats/merkins x 2
- monkey humpers/merkins x 2
- quick feet/over head press x 2
- tuck jumps/over head press x 2
- jump lunges/carolina dry docks x 2
- wide leg squat/carolina dry docks x 2
- tuck jumps
- quick feet
Never leaving this spot. It’s hot, it’s humid and some of us are feeling the effects of last night!
Splinter was called in from the Bullpen for Chaser.
Mosey to the edge of the parking lot for Memorial Stadium. Heels on the curb as instructions are given. Parking lot is littered with firework debris from the night prior.
BLIMPS the entire parking lot.
5 Hand Release Burpees
10 Walking Lunges (5 each leg)
15 Imperial Walkers while moving.
20 Mountain climbers
25 Plank Jacks
Keep moving to the end of the parking lot. After you finished and waiting on the six, you ran the entire parking lot back and forth.
Turned it over to YHC. The plan was to go to the soccer fields at Owen’s Field and perform a star method of exercises. We did a little stream jumping (YHC fell) and some trail running. Once we all collected on Owen’s Field so much mumble chatter and lack of time, the plan was abandoned all together. PAX were told to have even numbers on one side and odd numbers on the other. One round of fake Red Rover then 10 merkins, 10 LBC’s, 10 Squats OYO. Mosey to the softball field for 20 each. Mosey back to the flag for 30 each. Time is called.
- Welcome Nathan (Wiggles) Jones. Accountant and friend of Lug Nut.
- Safety is the standard for F3Columbia. State the disclaimer and hold each and everyone accountable. Make sure we have reflective gear at run groups as well as bootcamps. PT belts and blinky lights are cheap and will help us be seen.
- Scramble is doing a fuel challenge for 6 weeks. Starts 1-2-19. See Fountainhead. You get one cheat “event” a week. Event counts as a wedding, tailgate, party, etc. Ends Valentine’s Day.
- NO SUGAR
- NO ALCOHOL
- Pray for Enterprise, the guy who was following us, Michelle, RA, and Gump.