- “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” It’s difficult to think of another statement that so concisely sums up the core principles of what we believe in as Americans. The sentiments expressed in that single sentence from the Declaration of Independence have motivated ordinary Americans to accomplish great things and make tremendous sacrifices, all in an effort to make sure that future generations of Americans have the freedom to determine their own path.
The Founders passed down to us a heritage of liberty and democracy, and there’s no doubt that we should celebrate that heritage with displays of patriotism. We all celebrate in different ways, some extremely serious, and some with a thread or two of humor (such as the Twitter GIF war that took place between F3 Columbia, Lake Murray, and Lexington during the eve of the F3 Columbia Fourth of July Convergence). But I hope that we won’t lose sight of the profound importance of our freedom in all the fireworks, parades, cookouts, workouts, cocktails, and laughter. And I hope that we also recognize and take time to thank the men and women who have given the most to protect our freedom, those very freedoms that we so often take for granted in our daily lives.
No one has done more to advance the cause of liberty than our veterans and those who are currently serving in the military. On a day when we celebrate our independence and our freedom, it’s fitting that we would also remember the incredible sacrifices they have made. This Convergence was designed to ensure the men of F3 Columbia would come together, give it their all, get pushed to their limits, and take pride in making just a small sacrifice on a day where we celebrate our independence and freedom.
Conditions: 75 with about 110% humidity (but who’s complaining, right? We have our Freedom)!
Warm Up (to honor 7/4/17 76)
- Merkins (very, very, very slow)-7 IC
- Man Maker Burpees (8 count)-4 IC
- Squats-17 IC
- Flutter Kicks-76 IC
- Count off into groups of 4
- Follow Team Qs: 1-HeeHaw, 2-Corndog, 3-CoPay, 4-Heist
Pain Station #1-Basketball Court:
- Group 1- Rotate Flipping Tractor Tires to end of court and back
- Group 2- Max V-ups until Group 1 returns
- Rotate Groups- AMRAP-10 Minutes
Pain Station #2-Pull Up Bars:
- Group 1- 10 Pull-ups
- Group 2- Max Dips until your partner completes Pull-ups
- Rotate Groups-AMRAP-10 Minutes
Pain Station #3-Steep Hill on Damson Ln:
- Overhead Press with cinder blocks to top of hill
- Top of hill-Around the World Merkins on blocks
- 10 Inclined Merkins on block
- 10 Merkins with left hand on block
- 10 Declined Merkins with feet on block
- 10 Merkins with right hand on block
- Curl bricks to bottom of hill
- Bottom of hill-40 Plank Jacks on blocks
- AMRAP-10 Minutes
Pain Station #4-Concrete Bleachers:
- Box Jump plus 5 Squats for each step to top
- 5 Declined Merkins on each step to bottom
- AMRAP-10 Minutes
Back to COT for HEEHAW 13 Colonies and 50 States Tribute
- (Stars and Strips blasting in background)
- Line up along first base line
- Hold Starfish right side-50 seconds
- Hold Starfish left side-50 seconds
- Wind sprint to 3rd base line fence and back
- Rinse and repeat 13 times
- July 15th-Bullseye Half Marathon (also opportunity to sponsor laps completed to raise money for Cheech’s family)
- July 21-Mission Cookout (5pm until…)
- July is F3 Columbia’s month to Sponsor The Mission 8:30am at FInley Park
- July 12th-start 3rd F Bible Study-First is at Brickpile at 5AM (watch for pre-blast today)
What great effort by all of the Pax! Legion was built to push ourselves well outside of our comfort zones, and add in an extra 15 minutes every Tuesday and Thursday. Average Pax range from 5-13 for each Q. Many of the Legion faithful pitched in to ensure we were prepared to show hospitality Legion style to the convergence group. Aside from finding a place for all to park, it appears we succeeded. It was an honor to host the F3 Columbia Pax at Legion! Be sure to take time today to reflect on WHY we all have the freedoms that we enjoy, and not take our freedom for granted!
- Perseverance Brings Hope
- Romans 5:1-5 (Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have a peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory on our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance, character, and hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.)
Happy Fourth of July!