40 midlands faithful — including an incredible 25 FNGs — met at Seven Oaks Park to christen the newest AO in the F3 Nation: #Strut. Sway took the pax on a jaunt around the park that featured a taste of what’s to come, including burpees on the #GrassyKnoll and sprints up #HeartbreakRidge.
Conditions: 76 degrees, humid, overcast
Circle of Pain:
Arm Circles x15 each
High Knees x10
Ski line drill x:60
Line Hops x:60
Suicides – fence to each of three sidelines x3
Station #1 (playground): Merkins x10, Regular sit ups x15 OYO
Station #2 (Bridge): Raise the Roof (11’s)
Station #3 (Grassy Knoll): Burpees x5, 3 sets
Football Field – Ark Loader:
Sideline sprint forward/backward
People’s Chair x:60
People’s Chair x:60
Jungle Bois x18
Walter Peytons x2
Six Minutes of Mary:
Freddie Mercurys x10
Hello Dolly x10
Boat Canoe x4
Ball of Man
- Wow. YHC expected 8-10 new guys for the #BigBang in Irmo. 25 was shocking. The cars just kept coming.
- Seven Oaks Park is enormous. Even though we hit lots of areas today, there are still many, many more to explore in future weeks: soccer fields, baseball fields, playgrounds, tree planters, a running path, bleachers, and of course, the rockpile.
- The Irmo pax hung in very well for their first day during a workout that was not easy. YHC was impressed by their lack of quit.
- I predict #HeartbreakRidge will become legendary in the F3 Nation. #WalterPeytons #JacobsLadders
- The plan to use the tennis courts for line drills and suicides was nearly thwarted when a seniors tennis team arrived at 7:00am. T-claps to them for the early arrival, and fortunately we were able to use another court.
- The naming process in the COT took 30 minutes. Lots of FNGs! However, I think we missed a couple, and we will name them next time. #Elvis
- Mission has the Q at #Strut next Saturday.
- Midweek workout additions were discussed in the COT. I think these guys will start that soon.
- Wide age range today — 24 to 64.
- Thanks to all the #Brickpile guys who made the trip out to Irmo to support the #BigBang.
- 13 at Irmo Lizard’s Thicket #coffeeteria was a great start! Nancy and Ms. Mickey took good care of us.
- Finally — all you FNGs, I recommend drinking lots of water and taking an Advil before you go to bed tonight. You will probably be sore, but that just means you did something. Do SOMETHING mid-week to work out soreness (run, walk, just move) and we will see you next Saturday. Also, if I misspelled your name, I’m sorry. Let me know and we’ll fix it.