20 men with 1 FNG gathered in the gloom at #Thunder ready for Fannie’s first Q at Shandon’s AO. Several continue to heal from the Mud Run and are also feeling the burn from the F3Columbia Pull-Up Challenge yet everyone powered through this looping and relaying throw down. The concluding circuit of AMRAP sit-ups, squats, and merkins put the finishing touch on this excellent workout by Fannie.
Conditions: 62 degrees
Cop parking lot
- Ssh 4ct x30
- Imperial walker 4ct x23
- Merkins 4ct x14
- Mountain climbers 4ct x23
- Squats 4ct x20
- Merkins 20 oyo
Pain stn 1 wilmot
- Jump squats x30 oyo
- Calf raises x30 oyo
- Wide Merkins x20 oyo
Pain stn 2 Queen
- Flutters 4ct x30 then hold 6inches
- Scissors X15 (not sure about this count, neighbor rudely interrupted) Chase LBCs 40 oyo Close Merkins x20 oyo
Pain stn 3 Woodrow
- Step back lunges 40 20 each leg oyo
- Iron crosses 30 each oyo
- Decline merkins 20 oyo
Mosey to field form up on goal line.
- Relay race two man teams partner up. One man runs a 50 yard sprint to flashlight turns and come back while the other does 5 burpees. Repeat 10 times. 5 each man.
- Second race: Flashlight moved out to approx 100 yards. One man sprints to it and back, 200 yards. Other man does 15 merkins. Repeat 4 times, 2 each man.
30 sec AMRAP
Rinse and repeat AMRAP circuit
Run back to parking lot
BOM: Closed out by Fannie
- Nice Q by Fannie this morning. The workout was well planned and put good strain on the upper body and core.
- Shhhhhh! Watch out for loud cadence in the streets of Shandon. While everyone should already be awake and exercising we do need to be respectful of our neighbors.
- One announcement that was missed today – YHC is looking for two volunteers (Trinity members) for a couple of hours to help Maryanne Belser ice down some beer and pour some wine this Friday evening. Trinity is hosting the Diocese of Upper SC convention this weekend and there is a dinner Friday evening in Averyt Hall at 6:30. This is light work at best and a nice opportunity to meet clergy from our state. Please let me know if you can help at [email protected].
- Welcome Tipper (FNG Ben Bruner)! Keep coming back as it’s the only way this thing will get any easier.
- The Pre-Holiday Fuel Challenge will begin October 14. Here is the pre-blast. A lot of F3Columbia is in on this challenge. Won’t you join us, too?
- The F3Columbia Pull-Up Challenge also launched October 14 with the goal of increasing everyone’s upper body strength. This is a must for the Spring Mud Run. Please check out the pre-blast here: http://f3nation.com/2013/10/14/preblast-f3columbia-daily-pull-up-challenge/
- Plan to attend (and bring an EH’d friend to) the Birthday convergence on October 26th at Finlay Park. It’ll be huge. T-shirts are expected in the coming weeks for those who’ve ordered them so plan to gear up for the big one year anniversary event.
- We’re working on at THIRD Palmetto 200 relay team. We’re up around 28 participants so far with more coming from Greenville, Charlotte and elsewhere. This will not be an event you want to miss. Check the pre-blast for details and contact Chaser or YHC if you’re ready to commit.
- Northeast Big Bang Saturday November 2 at North Springs Park off Clemson Rd. 7-8:00 and a strong downtown contingent is needed to help get these guys off on the right foot.
- Governor’s Cup training continues this week with a scheduled 12 mile run Saturday. There was some talk yesterday morning of doing a full 13.1 Saturday and then beginning the back-down over the next couple of weekends. Talk amongst yourselves and arrive at a plan but please understand as a whole we will stick with the original game plan and run 12 this week.
- 3rdF Bible study has its 3rd installment tonight at 8pm at TB’s house on Portobello. We have room for a few more guys. Come on out. We’ll be done by 9:15. Email me for more info ([email protected]).
- Wednesday 2ndF opportunities: Lizard’s Thicket Lunch (Beltline location) at noon and Henry’s on Devine for happy hour at 5:30.