It’s said that the USMC Mud Run will quickly reveal your weaknesses, and on Saturday, approximately 36 men from the F3 Columbia Region (along with about 250 others from all over F3 Nation) decided to participate in some “introspection.” I can happily report no major injuries, other than some bruised egos.
Approximately 6.2 miles with 36 unique obstacles requiring climbing, crawling, pushing, pulling, jumping, squatting, rolling, and running. Mud. Sand. Water. Some kind of black gooey stuff I can’t identify. Blood. Sweat. Maybe a few Tears.
- Congrats to “The Columbia Model” for posting the best time of the Columbia Region teams (around 1:04:00). This, however, was about 13 minutes off the fastest F3 Team (0:51:00) that finished 2nd overall.
- Huge T-Claps to Sand Dollar and Jazz, our Columbia War Daddys — for completing this course. #Respect.
- It has been suggested to award the fasted Columbia team a trophy of some description and name. While “The Busted Tooth” has come up, the name — and even the award itself — are currently #Unofficial and #Unsanctioned.
- F3 Columbia will take the organizing helm for the 2014 Spring Mud Run for all of F3 Nation — we need to put on a good show.
- This event was definately #CSAUP — Completely Stupid and Utterly Pointless. And incredibly fun.