Backblast respectfully submitted by OC
Despite a government shutdown, an inquiring Forest Acres Police Officer, and a #hubcapattack, OC (obamacare) led 15 amblers on a successful 4 mile double loop this morning. This 2.0 Mile loop was designed to help everyone focus on running and not on finding their way through the gloom. The pax responded positively and the pace seemed to be very fast for all involved. Good job guys! Weekly amble training is paying off. The Wednesday runs are resulting in increasingly fast finish times.
Conditions: 59 with 95% relative humidity
2.0 mile loop x2 through the College Streets. Depart KBC following Trenholm all the way down to Coker (which is where Subprime felt the wrath of the hubcap that flew up out of nowhere #readthedisclaimer). Up Coker, veering right onto Winthrop until it dead ends into Clemson. Left on Clemson and continue just about to the end and turn left onto Erskine. Stay on Erskine hang a left onto Trenholm and back to KBC. Rinse and repeat for a total of 4 mi.
BOM: closed out by OC
- Nice first Q for OC. Welcome to the ranks of celebrities that abruptly changed their names
- T-Claps to everyone on the pace. YHC is amazed each and every week at Amble
- Get in line for #theultimatedoubledown – join Chaser and YHC for a 13.1 mile run 10/26 at 5:00 AM to be followed by the Columbia Region Convergence (in its entirety) at Finlay Park. Let’s go.
- Contact Sway at [email protected] if you are interested in the wait list for the Mud Run. Spots are starting to open up. The run is October 12.
- The 2nd F golf outing at Crickentree is scheduled for October 10. Contact Alterboy at [email protected] if interested and check out the pre-blast.
- Two teams for the Palmetto 200 (March 28-29) have been formed. March is a long way out but if you’re interested, we need to go ahead and get a complete head count. Sign up now and show your commitment to F3 and our long term stamp on this state. Contact Chaser at [email protected] for more information.
- An afternoon/evening run with a pain station or two is being planned for this coming Friday, 5:30 PM at Harbison State Park. Keep your eyes open for a pre-blast with details.
- Last but certainly not least, the Walk for Life is this coming Saturday. As a double down opportunity, this is a great one. We don’t have an F3 specific team for this race registered, but Costanza and his M. and Kim Jung and his M. are registered thru the team “Cancer Crushers” and they’d love to include you under that registration name if you so choose. There is a 10k and a 5k race as well as the walk which is perfect for the whole family.