YHC had the Q at Urban Legend today. I thought about bringing back my “stars and stripes” workout from last 4th of July. But opted to bring another workout that would get the PAX thinking.
Argyle and I squeezed in 2 miles of RL.
Conditions: warm and muggy
1 minute warning, disclaimer, prayer
We mosied to the side of the old courthouse for some warm-up exercises:
- 15x SSHs IC
- 15x TTTs IC
- 15x IWs IC
Then mosied around Main Street, the Amphitheater, and the monument near the PD for the remainder of the workout.
We played “Are you smarter than a 5th grader”. We got through 5 rounds of questions, from grades 1 through 5, from 5 subjects (English and Literature, Geography, History, Mathematics, Science). There was a set of exercises for right answers and a set for wrong answers. So we would do 5 questions, exercise, and repeat. We mosied a couple times long the way. There was plenty of mumble chatter, head scratching, and helpful hints from the group.
The exercises were based on the grade level:
- 1st grade – right answer: bearcrawl out and run back; wrong answer: bearcrawl out and bearcrawl back
- 2nd grade – right answer: 8 burpees; wrong answer: 12 burpees
- 3rd grade – right answer: 12 merkins; wrong answer: 12 derkins
- 4th grade – right answer: 16 step ups each leg; wrong answer: 24 step ups each leg
- 5th grade – right answer: 20 squats; wrong answer: 30 squats
We wrapped things up at the shovel flag with some Mary and potpourri trivia questions.
count-o-rama, name-o-rama, announcements, prayer
- This Saturday is at BeechHouse.
- Saturday July 4th – Cryptonite is hosting The Murph
- Cheers – family, loss of pet
- Urban Legend guys know their stuff. Only a couple wrong answers!