It turned out to be a chilly morning. Several PAX commented about how cold it was. The theme for today was to have fun. Being April Fool’s Day, jokes were encouraged along the way. Frizzle was out there early to get his miles in. Wild Hog and Slum Lord ran during bootcamp to help prep for the Myrtle Beach Marathon. Here is how it went…
1 minute warning, intro, disclaimer
Mosey towards the band field and circle up for some warmup exercises:
- 12x SSHs IC
- 12x IWs IC
- 12x TTTs IC
Mosey around the fence to the sidewalk which leads towards the back. There we found 3 sandbags conveniently waiting. Why not do a couple rounds of…
- Sandbag Assembly Line – everyone plank up, drag the 40#, 60#, 80# sandbags under you to the next guy, get up and run down and get back into plank. We all got in about 4 rounds.
Pick ’em up and head to the baseball homeplate tower. There we found 2 hanging chains conveniently waiting. The chains had a combination of baseball grips, softball grips, and rings.
For the remainder of the workout we got in 3 rounds of 4 exercises, each lasting about 12 minutes each. The idea was to go around to each of the exercises, get 8-12 reps in, and work your way around at your pace. Big Hair Band songs kept us company.
- Round 1:
- Baseball/Softball lying pullups
- Ring lying pullups
- 40# Sandbag Curls
- 60# Sandbag Bearcrawl
- Round 2:
- 60# Sandbag Bench Press
- 40# Bent Over Rows
- Mosey to the parking lot and back
- Round 3:
- Ring Merkins
- 40# Sandbag Burpees
- 60# Sandbag Squats
- Lunges out and back
I believe this is correct. We threw in some other exercises along the way as well. As we got close to quitting time, we collected the goodies and got them back to YHC’s car.
- 4/2 – Cross Ruck, 4:00, @ RBHS
- 4/3 – Saturday is at Surge, or join Wild Hog, Slum Lord, Half Empty
- Slum Lord expecting 2nd grandchild (congrats!)
- Cheers’ cousin
- Sir Topham Hat, and family
- No Show
- Slim Jim
Treat every day as the most important day of your life. You never know when it might be.