6 pax posted at Turning Point and got in their daily acceleration with some sets of 25-20-15-10-5 at stations around the track out back. Here is what went down:
Conditions: Partly Cloudy – 45°, Winds E 3.8 mph, 82% Humidity, felt like 43°
Disclaimer / Prayer / Pledge
Mozey around back to the staff parking lot and circle up for COP:
- SSH x 10 IC
- Burpees x 5 OYO
- LBAC front x 10 IC
- OHAC x 10 IC
- LBAC back x 10 IC
- Burpees x 4 OYO
- IW x 10 IC
- Burpees x 3 OYO
- TTT x 10 IC
- Burpees x 2 OYO
- Squats x 10 IC
- Burpees x 1 OYO
Mozey through the portables and Down the ramp to the track and begin the following sets and reps:
LAP 1 – 25 Reps
- Corner near Playground – Merks
- Middle of straight-a-way near school – Squats
- Corner near steps – BBSUs
- Corner at the bottom of the hill – CDDs
- Middle of the back Straight-a-way – Walking Lunges (each leg)
- Final corner where the big puddles usually are – American Hammers (Each Side
Rinse and Repeat, Reps of the following laps – 20, 15, 10, 5
IF you get to 5 before time is called, go back up the ladder to 10, 15 etc.
Mozey to back to the SF.
- 5 Laps completed by one pax, travel time back to SF cut others short on the last half lap
- Great feeling to knock out the 40 day challenge reps before 0600.
- 4/2 – Good Friday Cross Ruck (more details to come)
- 4/16 – Race Against Hunger (Virtual) – Converge at Stride
- NoShow – Praise for Good Report
- Notebook – Praise for being able to post (4/20 Surgery)
- SundayDriver – Work and Family
- Wapner – 2.0 recovery
Devo: God’s timing – “Abraham said, “God will provide for Himself the lamb for the burnt offering, my son.” So the two of them walked on together.”
Gen 22:8 NASB
The story of Abraham and Isaac reminded me of a saying “God’s timing is seldom early, but never late.”
As parents, we see the bigger picture that our kids sometimes can’t see. They can become impatient, but yet don’t understand the effort it takes to make things better or right for them.
How are we like that with God? Do we ever become impatient with God’s timing. YHC is guilty many times over. It takes faith to be patient. The same way we want our kids to be patient with us when we are working things out for their best interest.