After being abruptly awoken in the early morning hours, once by thunder, then a second time by Smart phone flood alert, YHC thought it prudent to check with the AO Q to make sure the work out was still on. With confirmation obtained, YHC was able to reach the “event horizon.” Smart phone chatter during the ride to the AO gave further reassurance that YHC would not be posting alone. However, a brief moment of doubt did arise when YHC arrived 5 minutes prior to start time to an empty parking lot. But, It did not take long for the Warrior Pax to arrive eager to make a down painment. 6 PAX in total defied the fartsack and the weather to get better and this is how they did it…
Conditions: 67, 87% humidity with 100% rain
disclaimer and prayer
mosey through the portables, to the top of Mt. Midway then down to the track taking 7/8 of a lap around mix’n in some high knees, butt kicks, karaoke, then climb the Mt.
Circle up on the Higher Basketball court for COP
all exercises in cadence
SSHx20, TTTx15, WMx15, merkinx10 and hold your plank, MCx20 and hold your plank, CDDx10, and hold your plank, rock hoppersx10 and hold your plank, side planksx10 hold for a few seconds then recover.
Mosey down the Mt. for a Indian run around the track for 3/4 lap, arrive at the stairs
count off by 2’s
1s perform Quadraphillia on the hill
2s start at bottom of the steps perform calf raises. start at first step with one rep, then add one rep with each step until all Pax reach the top. (crowd pleaser) 29 steps= 435 total calve raises. could be wrong, check my math and let me know…
Rinse and repeat.
Mosey back to the Basket ball court for some Mary in the Middle
all exercises in cadence
dying cockroachx15, FKx20, Freddie Mercuryx20, Iron crossx20, LBCx20, Hello Dollyx10, 6 inches for a 4 countx30, Rosalitax20, boat canoe x15, heal touchesx20
Mosey to the Track
Start at first cone: Lunge walk a 1/4 lap to second cone (pick up the six) perform 30 merkins OYO
Bear Crawl in pairs for encouragement and accountability, 1/4 lap to third cone (pick up the six) 30 merkins OYO
out of time at this point, but what we would have done….
Duck walk a 1/4 lap to the 4th cone 30 rock bottom squats OYO
Gorilla walk a 1/4 lap back to the 1st cone 30 rock bottom squat OYO
Mosey back to the parking lot
COT: count off, Namorama
- First Friday Fathers will commence June 6 and will be held every first Friday of the month during the Summer. 7:00am for half an hour
- Crusade/Stride donut run convergence this Friday, 6/5. Meet at 5:15am at Krispie Kreme. national doughnut day=get a free doughnut!
- Run Ella Run 5k, June 6th
- The Crucible, June 27th – View Preblast.
- GRC and GRL, July 10th and 11th.
- Sweet Baby O 5K, August 1. Registration is now open.
- Stomp The Swamp 5k @ River Bluff High School on August 29th. There will be a special “Double Down” medal to anyone completing a F3 Workout and the 5k. A code to enter when you sign up online. More details coming soon.
- Blue Ridge Relay, September 11-12
- Lexington 5k, 10k, 1/2 marathon in November 2015.
Sax Gotha church family as well as the Alexander family in the loss of Ron Alexander father/husband
Swanson’s Father on upcoming surgery
Granola’s Neighbor on marital separation
- Great job by the men who posted and for those that didn’t we pray for your souls. Just kidding. Truly it is hard to post on a Miserable morning. But when I muster up the intestinal fortitude I think I get a little bit more out of it, that is to defy that inner voice that tells me to go back to the fartsack.
- today we concentrated on pounding groups of muscles for a little longer than is normally “comfortable”. The men stepped up, stayed strong and supported each other through to the end.
- Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Seize the Day and Glorify him who gives you strength. Don’t let the burdens of the past cripple you from performing your mission today.