18 Pax posted for the last Turning Point BC of 2019 and the Decade, and what better way to celebrate than the resident AMRAP workout, Kamikaze. The pax pushed through and got better. Good work men!
Conditions: Mid 40’s, and a little breezy
Disclaimer / Prayer
Mozey through the parking lot, around to the back and circle up for COP:
- SSH x 15 IC
- IW x 15 IC
- LBAC x 10 Each way IC
- TTT x 15 IC
Mozey through the portables, down the ramp and to the far left corner.
- Sprint up Hill (0.05) – 11 Merkins (0.10)
- Run Down (0.15) – 11 BBSU (0.20)
- Bear Crawl Up Hill (0.25) – 11 Merkins (0.30)
- Jog Down Hill (0.35) – 11 BBSU (0.40)
- Bunny Hop up Steps (0.45) – 11 Merkins (0.50)
- Jog down hill (0.55) – 11 BBSU (0.60)
- Sprint up Hill to the lightpole (0.65) – 11 Merkins (0.70)
- Fast mozey down long Ramp (0.75) – 11 BBSU (0.80)
- Mozey to Blue Jungle Gym (0.85) – 11 Pullups or 11 Body weight rows (0.90)
- Mozey to Track (0.95) – 11 Lunges each leg (1.00)
- Mozey back to hill, recover as needed
Rinse and Repeat for 25 minutes, increasing reps by 1 each lap.
Pick up cones and mozey back to the VSF for Mary:
- LBCs x 10 IC
- Heal Touches x 10 IC
- Frozen Flutters x 10 IC
- Boat-Canoe OMC
- For the merkin/BBSU count per lap completed
- Lap 1 = 44
- Lap 2 = 92
- Lap 3 = 144
- PickAxe wore a weight vest because that’s what Beasts do.
- TClaps to 2.0s Hatchet and PineTar – forgoing sleep and warmth on Christmas break for betterment in the gloom.
- #Kotters to DearDiary
- TClaps to those pax wrapping up #F325DaysOfChristmas
- TClaps to SundayDriver – DR and posted Solo in the snow. #DRP
- 1/1 – New Years Day Convergence, 0700 at Lex High School Track (Link to Tweet)
- 1/7- 2nd F Guys night – Location TBA – 8:00 ish
- 1/10 – TP Takeover at Urban Legend. Plan to post.
- Booster – FiL recovery from knee surgery
- Booster – Pastor from Church
- Wapner – Family has 2 Funerals this weekend
- DoubleFault – Friends Dad with Quad-bipass surgery
Devo: “Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.”
2 Corinthians 5:17
New years brings new opportunities and with that comes resolutions and new goals. Accountability has been a topic of discussion recently and wanted to share some thoughts:
What’s the difference between a STANDARD & a GOAL?
GOALS are usually easier to come up with, usually what will take your BEST effort. STANDARDS are more like a fundamental, basic requirement
Goals need encouragement. Standards need accountability.
Goals are bigger picture & long term. Standards are small scale, detail, & day-to-day.
Think of it this way – you are on a trip & riding on a train:
The Goal is the destination. However, the Standard is the train track that will guide you there.
So often we get this backwards by seeking accountability on goals, then most give out quickly out of frustration when they can’t maintain their optimum effort and motivation.
Identify your Blind Spots, things you don’t even notice you are doing. These are the items to ask for accountability.
- What’s your standard? It has to matter to you, & best if answered Yes/No, and you need to be the one to ask for it. If not, the enforcer needs to be more of an encourager.
- Who is your Enforcer? That #HIM who provides ISI w/ Candor.
- What is your Consequence, something you wish to avoid?
Success requires all 3, whether it is 1stF, Queen, or anything else. If you are looking for some structure like this, then reach out to YHC or others in your AO.