YHC loves a few things in the life. His savior, his M, his 2.0’s, his 3.0, a nice bourbon, fast cars, beef, bacon, steak, bacon, burgers, burgers with bacon, bacon, peanut butter (Peter Pan), first responders, military, farmers and the double mint twins. What better way to celebrate than with doubling down on coupons and doing some farmer carries between exercises.
YHC rolled into the Shank parking lot and noticed two things…1 pax was lit up for a lonely stride lite session and 2 pax were closing out time spent at The Rock. Good dudes putting in extra work before the fun began.
Weather: 71 degrees, 94% humidity, SSE wind at 3mph, 4 miles of visibility, 0 uv index, good air quality.
Kind of a 1 Minute Warning, Disclaimer, Prayer.
Mosey to the block pile and grab one for each hand.
Make the trek to Field 2 because Field 1 had sprinklers operating at full blast.
Circle up: SSH x 25 IC, TTT x 10 IC, Merkins x 10 IC
50 curls (1 block), farmer carry both blocks to midfield, 50 curls, famer carry to far end, 25 curls.
Mosey lap around the field and back to the blocks.
50 OH presses, farmer carry to midfield, 50 OH presses, farmer carry to goal line, 25 OH presses.
Mosey around the field and back to the blocks.
50 squats (with block), carry 1 block to midfield, 50 squats, carry block to goal line, 30 squats (for Coon Dog).
Mosey a lap with 10 burpees at the 1st corner, 5 burpees at the 2nd, 10 at the 3rd, back to the block.
Overhead carry the block to the far goal line and join up with your other block who has felt left out.
50 lbc’s, 50 chest presses, 50 lbc’s, 50 chest presses. Finally, the long farmer carry back to the block pile.
Mosey to the short bridge for some calf raises on the stairs. 50 with toes pointed in, 50 with toes pointed out, 50 with toes straight.
Mosey to the flag for 15 burpees, 25 dips, 25 iron crosses.
Recover. Mumblechatter was strong throughout the workout, one pax may have soiled himself, but we all got a little better.
- Saturday – CAT at 6am for a merciless bootcamp led by Mercy Rule.
- Gauntlet begins 10/19 – all bootcamps start at 5am.
- Safe lite run – firm date tbd but plan on committing to a few spots.
- Vote for Ken Doll. The dude may have been banished from a 9/11 challenge team, may be q’ing all over Lexington and not at the Shank as often as we would like, but he is still our number 1 dude. Vote him in, keep him in.
- Overage – blood clots. His M also fell.
- Levi – little man fighting leukemia. Also pray for his family.
- Soaker’s co-worker diagnosed with lung cancer and given 2 months.
- Cowbell – passing of 2.0’s mom.
- Coon Dog – college roommate and M’s child born premature and still in hospital.
- Lexington pax dealing with injuries and other issues.
Devo: Zephaniah 3:17 – The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.
Lot of promises on this verse for those who belong to the Lord. Be encouraged, we are never alone.