10 PAX rolled into Strut this morning, with Brother Si just barely taking the win over AB on who can arrive closest to 5:30 without actually being late — a skill admired by many, but mastered by few.
Jog to upper parking lot
SSH 20 IC
Squat 20 IC
Merkin 15 IC
IW 20 IC
Lil Baby Arm Circles 10 IC
Reverse 10 IC
Mountain Climbers 20 IC
Jog to the Tennis Courts
Line up on base line facing the net.
Bunny hop side to side across the line, up to the net and back to the baseline.
Turn left and repeat.
Back to center and repeat.
Partner up and mosey to the far end of the courts.
Partner 1 Work / Partner 2 Suicide (across each of three courts and back)
Switch. Plank. Recover.
Round 1) Merkin
Round 2) LBC
Round 3) Squat
Round 4) Six Inches
Mosey out of courts and line up for Native American Run to the playground.
Playground Work OYO
5 Pull-ups – 10 Merkins – 20 Squats
4 Pull-ups – 10 Merkins – 20 Squats
3 Pull-ups – 10 Merkins – 20 Squats
2 Pull-ups – 10 Merkins – 20 Squats
1 Pull-up – 10 Merkins – 20 Squats
Down the hill to the Rock Pile (choose wisely)
Curls 25 IC
Rows 25 IC
Shoulder Press 20 IC
Chest Press 25 IC
Tri-cep Extensions 25 IC
Mosey to Heartbreak Ridge (particularly heartbreaking today considering most pax thought the workout was over).
2x up the hill, 2nd trip add 2 burpees at the top.
Now all you got to the parking lot.
Rather than finish a minute early, YHC threw in pinch of surprise hill work just when the PAX thought they were headed to the the lot, earning this workout the Hot Sauce title — sweet and tangy with a little kick at the end. Great work by the Strut PAX. 50+ string was at 5 today — lots of respect in the pax.
• For Stones, on the DL with some ailments.
• For Walker, now in Atlanta for rehab.
• Friends of friends from Dufresne’s church just lost their 18 year old daughter.
• For Flapper’s wife, who may have Lupus
• Crooked Creek run this Saturday
• Mud Run is October 4th, have until 9/17 to pick team of 4.
• Go Ruck meeting 8/26 at 5:30 at Carolina Wild Wings. -Go Ruck is 11/21.
• At Stomp the Swamp 5k this past Saturday, an avid runner and friend to many in Lexington had a sports induced heart attack. Can’t stress enough, listen to your body and know your limits. Read Pepto’s note about knowing your body at http://f3nation.com/2014/08/24/work-hard-be-safe-and-have-fun/