20 Pax arrived at #SwampFox this morning expecting a soft, fresh-scented workout after hearing word of a possible #snugglefest. By the time the gloom cleared Snuggle’s maiden Q left everyone ready to depart promptly. The workout began innocently enough with a ~0.5 mile warm-up loop through Jackson Heights. The innocence quickly faded at the initial COP as by 6:07 AM the Pax had registered a circuit featuring (among other things) 150 merkins (including the burpees). Throw in suicides x 10, another COP circuit that brought the merkins total to 210, and Walter Paytons x 7 and the depletion was complete. This was an excellent first Q beatdown.
Conditions: 74 with 93% Humidity
~0.5 mile warm-up loop through Jackson Heights
- Side Stradle Hops – 20 (4ct)
- Circuit X5 (all single count) – 20 Merkins, 20 squats, 40 Freddy Mercurys (20 per leg), 10 burpees (Plank at the end of each set)
Mosey to goal-line
- Suicides to cone (approx. 50 yds) and back X 10
- Circuit X3 (all single count) – 20 LBC, 40 mountain climbers (20 per leg), Lunges x 10 each leg, 20 Merkins (Plank at the end of each set)
- Flutter Kicks – 25 (4ct)
Mosey to Hamburger Hill
- Walter Paytons (continuous) X7
BOM – Closed out by Snuggles
- Strong first time Q by Snuggles – excellent pace and grueling full body workout
- T-Claps to DryHeave for making his 2nd post in as many days
- Sheets after the workout: “we really oughta mark that hole with a cone or something.” Random Pax: “yeah, who stepped in it today?” Sheets: “That would be me.”
- Call was made to #SwampFox to increase #Convergence participation. #OutWorkedbytheOlderGuys
- August 3rd is Irmo #BigBang at Seven Oaks Park. For details see: http://f3nation.com/2013/07/22/preblast-f3-irmo-sc-set-to-launch-83/
- Robber has offered to head up or F3 Foundation efforts. Chaser has agreed to head up 3rd F efforts. If you would like to assist with either of these areas, please get in contact with Robber and Chaser. Email [email protected] if you need their info.
- #Amble will henceforth meet at the Owens Field Track every Monday. While many have requested further use of Owens Field, coordination of only sporadic use of that facility has caused some frustration. As such, #Amble will begin meeting at Owens Field Track every Monday for speed work.
- A group including Fountain Head, Chaser, Fannie, Sway, and SubPrime are planning to train for and run in the Governor’s Cup Half-Marathon. The race is Nov. 9th (Gamecock open date) and if we get 10 (hopefully we’ll blow past that number) we will be eligible for the group discount. Please let us know if you are interested. We’d like to see solid F3 Columbia representation.