27 of Columbia’s finest rose early, not wanting to miss Mission’s first Q in quite a while. Everyone was there — except Mission.
Conditions: 72 degrees and partly cloudy
SSH x 50
Freddy Mercury x 20
Crawlspace surfer x 10
LBC x 20
Wide Merkin x 7
Diamond Merkin x 7
Flutter Kick x50
Mosey to Adger
1/2 mile race pace+ to Tomaka
Merkin x 15
Jacob’s ladder (modified) — burpees x5
Merkin x 15
Mosey to Hollywood Squares
Dips x 20
Box Jumps x20
Squats x 15
Mosey to COT
Plank til all arrive
Ball of Man: Chap lead closing prayer. Included today were thoughts to Woody and his family, the Boston victims, the West, TX victims, and safe travels to Mission, Robber, and Apple as they travel to Haiti this week.
- Mission arrived on the scene at 5:44, his truck up on two wheels as he sped into the parking lot. The first words out of his mouth were “45 seconds” and to his credit, we started on time.
- At first, Mission’s game plan seemed disjointed and, well, unplanned. As the workout progressed, we were all grateful for the slow start.
- The “Crawlspace Surfers” need work. The squat jumps are a great plyometric exercise, but the cadence malfunction had us all jumping around like a bunch of monkeys. Leading is not as easy as it looks.
- It was great to meet Chap, and he brought two guys in town for the Army Chaplain School from Atlanta and Colorado. #Expansion?
- We have at least five (I think) for the Quarry Crusher Run on Saturday. It’s not too late to sign up: www.quarrycrusherrun.com.
- Saturday is 2.0 Day — bring sons and daughters, the workout will be hard enough for you to get what you need and still involve the kids.