As dawn was breaking over DHS, 24 pax went straight to the Brickpile to choose the perfect pair (of bricks) in prep for Roscoe’s pain fest. Ladders and strings: embrace the suck.
Conditions: 35 degrees and clear
Get two bricks, run from back parking lot to Adger/Devereaux corner. Pain Station: Merkins x15
Continue run down Devereaux, turn left on Albion (?), to Heatherwood. Pain Station: Arm Flutters with bricks x20, LBC x20.
Run to base of Tomaka hill for Jacobs Ladder x7 (Burpees at top, count down 7-1)
Plank, arm raises R/L
Run back to DHS upper field, COP:
Boat Canoe x3
Move to end line, lower field for Strings of Fire:
100 yd sprint
Jog back to parking lot, return bricks.
Ball of Man: Roscoe closed with prayer
- This one really sucked. A double stack suck of Jacobs Ladder AND Strings of Fire. #crowdpleaser
- I really thought Merlot would be spilled today. Lots of gurgling, but no Merlot.
- Roscoe has proven to be a master of pain. Well done; great Q. #SteppingItUpaNotch
- “My fingers are so cold.” “Don’t worry, in a few minutes they’ll be numb and you won’t feel ’em.”
- I’ve never seen more old people walking dogs than we did this morning. At least 8 canines.
- The breaking dawn early was a treat and a tease — Daylight savings time starts this weekend so it’s back to the gloom. Warmer weather is on the horizon, however.
- Welcome to Clodhopper! He is part of a group trying to assemble in Lexington.
- Tajh spoke in the COT on the importance of form and full range of motion. He will Q on Saturday.
- Shirts will arrive today and be distributed on Saturday.
- EM to Chaser, skiing in Breckenridge (talk about suck — it’s you)
- EM to Beano on Saturday — running Columbia Half Marathon, only the half because he’s “running it with a friend.”