DHS was declared a “rain-free zone” and 27 faithful rallied around the shovel flag at 0545. Chaser — despite the late night, last minute tapping as Q — delivered an innovative and solid workout. On his birthday. Happy Birthday, sir!
Conditions: 45 degrees, crystal clear
Logo’s Loop with Pain Stations:
Daly: Merkins x10
Deveraux: LBX x20
Adger: Merkins x30
Devine: Plank with R/L arm raises, Merkins (IC) x15
Mosey to Lower Field End Line:
Divide into two groups, pair up. One of each pair takes 45lb plate, rest of pax COP.
First pair in each line sprints end line to opposite end line, one of each pair carrying 45lb plate. At other end, each alternate:
20 bench press with plate
20 body squat
Pair sprints back, second member with plate. Handoff to next pair, Join COP.
COP — while pairs doing their turn with the plates — Dealer’s Choice:
LBCs x 40 (Chaser)
Flutter kicks x99 (Chaser)
Iron Cross x20 — in pairs) (Chaser)
Freddie Mercury x 20 (Sway)
Boat/Canoe x 10 (Logo)
Wide Arm Merkins x 15 (Chaser)
Diamond Merkins x 5 (Chaser)
JungleBoi Squats x 19 (Stent)
Russian Twist x 30 (Mule)
Boat/Canoe (hold each 5 count) x4 (Wide Right)
Russian Twist x 20 (Roscoe)
Wall Street – Still Dealer’s Choice:
Pair up, partner on back, Calf raises x20, flapjack (Dr. Phil)
Balls to the Wall x 30 seconds (Roscoe)
Mule Kick Merkins x 10 (Mule)
Peoples chair x 2 minutes (Chaser)
Squats x 21 (Sway)
Mosey to Parking Lot:
Side Straddle Hops x 25
Flutter Kicks x 30
Merkins x 15
Ball of Man: Sway passed on prayer lead, Stent led prayer.
- Kotters to Flamer — first post since his Honeymoon. Stent – “Enjoy it brother! … for the rest of your life.”
- Happy 33rd to Chaser — excellent Q today.
- Sway, on passing on prayer lead opportunity: “You can’t pray if you can’t talk.” #smoked #nexttime
- Dealer’s Choice was excellent, got lots of people involved. Mule called Russian Twist while Roscoe was plate running, Roscoe called RT when he got back in COP. #didntknow #wedidemanyway
- The plate relay was really good. T-claps to Chaser for the innovation. Carrying heavy objects appears to be integral in many #CSAUP events, so we will incorporate more of this.
- The overall fitness of the pax is improving greatly. Amazing progress since Big Bang.
- Of note: @F3Columbia twitter handle has attracted at least 5 Columbia men who have not yet posted. #EHtool #curiosityseekers #theywillcome
- February Statistics: Total Workouts – 12; Attendance – 301; FNGs – 16; Average Attendance – 25
Lexicon of the Day: FEBA: Stands for “False Enthusiasm and Bullsh*t Attitude;” fake zeal.
Thought for the Day:
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. — Theodore Roosevelt
UPDATE: Adding 2 to the count — Tajh and Noodle used the backblast and did the workout while at a hospital conference. Credit given!