15 men with one FNG rose early for a trip through some uncharted territories and some familiar territories, as we ventured across Trenholm, did a college tour (Chicora (twice)-Wofford-Winthrop-Clemson (twice), made a brief cameo on Forest before crossing Trenholm again and heading back to familiar territory passing Lake Katherine and Chaser’s abode before finishing up the Forest Ridge hill at just over 4.1 miles. In what has become a theme for new (and possibly old) routes, Kim Jung got an extended tour of Brennan, although he was led astray by Traveler and a few others.
Conditions: 68 degrees with 78% humidity
Leave Kathwood Baptist Church; cross Trenholm and left on Chicora; Right on Wofford to Winthrop; Left on Winthrop to Clemson; Right on Clemson to Forest Drive; Left on Forest Drive
First Right onto Idalia; Idalia past small park (becomes Hillside) across Converse to Chicora; Left on Chicora to Clemson; Right on Clemson to Trenholm; Cross Trenholm toward the Right to Brennan
First Left on Bellefield to Kathwood; Left on Kathwood (becomes Woodlake) to Shady; Left on Shady to Quail; Left on Quail to Forest Ridge; Right on Forest Ridge to Kathwood Baptist Church
COT & BOM led by Kitty
(The above by Kitty, the #Amble Q – The below by Fountainhead)
- T-Claps to Kitty for his first Amble Q. We need more guys to step up, pick a course and lead it out… and lead it out he did. Kitty took over Subprime’s slot as route point man with the rest of us struggling to keep pace. Strong work up front.
- Welcome to FNG Turtle who make a statement this morning by committing to the Governors Cup Half Marathon on day one of his #Amble attendance. Come back.
- The Walk for Life registration is open on their website. We don’t have an F3 specific team for this race registered, but Costanza and his M. and Kim Jung and his M. are registered thru the team “Cancer Crushers” and they’d love to include you under that registration name if you so choose. There is a 10k and a 5k race as well as the walk which is perfect for the whole family. Robber is also in for the 10k. The date is October 5th (might be a double down opportunity).
- The golf outing is scheduled for October 10. Please contact Uno or Alter Boy if you are interested. We need to provide the golf course a head count next week. The preblast is now up.
- The 3rd F bible study does still have a seat or two left. If anyone is interested, contact TB at [email protected] Meetings are scheduled for alternating Tuesday nights through the next few months at TB’s house, 8:00 PM.
- If you’re on the Governors Cup list but haven’t registered, please go ahead and do so before the rate goes up at the end of this month. The discount code and registration instructions are on the Pre-Blast. Training runs planned for the weekends will also continue to be e-mailed out AND posted as Pre-blasts, such as the forthcoming 9 mile run this weekend, so that everyone can know the plan.
- One team for the Palmetto 200 has already been formed with a second getting assembled now. March is a long way out but if you’re interested, we need to go ahead and get a roster together. Sign up now and show your commitment to F3 and our long term stamp on this state.
- Amble is trying to make a shift in organizational structure to encourage the pax to take on a leadership role. If you’re interested in figuring out a run route and leading as Q, please let me know at [email protected]. There’s no better way to step up to the plate than organizing a run. Thank you to Seeker and Kitty for their recent leadership!
- #HDHH is at Henry’s is tonight, 5:30 for some 2nd F.
- Last, Sunday the 29th is the deadline to order our F3Columbia specific shirt. Don’t be that guy at the big anniversary convergence on October 26th in your old high school gym shirt. Go to the MudGear store and order yours today!
Great Q and backblast by Kitty!
(respectfully posted by Fountainhead)