After missing out on the Saturday morning #Convergence, YHC felt the need to lead the #Amble pax for a convergence of our own. Today the Monday/Wednesday bootcamp was launched at #Brickpile which presented the opportunity, for the first time, for the regular Monday #Amble to unite (if only briefly) with the maiden voyage of the new Monday downPAINment. In spite of earlier uncertainty over the level of interest, the mass of men found blocking Adger for lunges was a welcome and impressive sight as it both demonstrated the commitment of the #Brickpile pax to another workout day… and was our own #Amble terminus for a nearly 5 mile out and back.
Conditions: 74 degrees, 98% humidity
KBC to DHS and back. The route was tested in pieces and parts over the last few weeks as #Amble and #Swampfox explored the neighborhood across Trenholm Road from KBC. Exiting the KBC parking lot and crossing Trenholm, the pax ran the length of Chicora to Converse, turned left and proceeded to the right hand turn onto East Buchanan for the long Buchanan curve taking the group across Beltline and up again to Trenholm. Crossing Trenholm onto Heatherwood, the route continues up to Tomaka and the Adger Hill. The 4.75 mile out-and-back distance is based on reaching the last DHS brick wall column on Adger but the pax intercepted the #Brickpile group at Devereaux just as that group was lunge walking it down. (T-Claps to Subprime for participating in the lunge walk as the rest of #Amble caught up). The run group moseyed with the bootcampers down the rest of Adger trading jabs with some of the other pax while simply trying to keep up. Upon reaching the last brick column, the runners reversed course letting the #Brickpile pax continue into the DHS gloom. Route back to KBC was the above just backwards.
BOM and COT: Closed out by Fountainhead, prayers offered for Robber and for his family in their time of loss.
- T-Claps to #Brickpile! ‘Great turnout for the inaugural Monday bootcamp at DHS. #Amble will be changing venues for Monday mornings but we expect to catch you guys again in the gloom. If you ever need a break from the bricks and blocks, feel free to join us for some mileage.
- Apparently #Swampfox was not to be left out of todays #Convergence as a red fox greeted the pax in the KBC parking lot before the #Amble. Showing no fear of us whatsoever, the fox clearly knew we were kin. Had we known then that a possum would also cross our paths up on Adger we would have let you join us for some breakfast hunting in the gloom.
- Slumdog went missing this morning again which had a few of us worried… on an out-and-back route you don’t want to stumble across a man in the dark at the wrong time. Detour was with him, though, which we presumed meant they had opted for a different route.
- #Amble will henceforth meet at the Owens Field Track every Monday. While many have requested further use of Owens Field, coordination of only sporadic use of that facility has caused some frustration. As such, #Amble will begin meeting at Owens Field Track every Monday for speed work.
- TOMORROW, Tuesday July 30th is Kettlebell day at #Brickpile. #Swampfox will meet at CMS as usual if kettlebells are not your thing. Even if you don’t have a kettlebell, feel free to go to DHS to learn proper technique. There will be extra KB’s available (anyone who has a spare, please bring them). T-Claps to Robber for soliciting our blue haired trainer.
- The Capital Rotary Club blood drive is WEDNESDAY, JULY 31st at 1333 Main St — the CBRE Building. Please visit www.redcrossblood.org and enter sponsor code: CapRotary to schedule your donation or call Bryan at 760-1562 for more information.
- August 3rd is Irmo #BigBang at Seven Oaks Park. For details see: http://f3nation.com/2013/07/22/preblast-f3-irmo-sc-set-to-launch-83/
- Robber has offered to head up or F3 Foundation efforts. Chaser has agreed to head up 3rd F efforts. If you would like to assist with either of these areas, please get in contact with Robber and Chaser. Email [email protected] if you need their info.