45 pax met at Dreher High School for the first ever “convergence” workout in Columbia. Three workouts were represented: Brickpile, SwampFox, and Amble. 5 FNGs were also on hand, though none fully appreciated the momentous occasion. Robber led the downPAINment.
Conditions: 75 degrees and overcast
Warmup run to Heartbreaker’s Brickpile, Grab a Block, mosey to the COP in upper field:
COP: 10×10 Burpees, Every minute on the Minute
10x Overhead Squats
10x Decline Merkin
10x Bentover Rows
10x Military Press
Grab the shovel flags and head out on Logo’sLoop
At Dev + Ager, 5 minute AMRAP (most pax got through about 3 times):
10 Merkins, 20 Squats, 30 Situps
Jungle Bois lead by Sway: Wide leg squats, 36 reps to honor the jersey number of #Gamecock safety DJ Swearinger
Back to the Upper Field 5 minutes of planking with Windmill
6 Minutes of Mary, dealers choice
Flutter Kicks x25
Freddie Mercury x30, and a whole bunch of other stuff I can’t remember like LBC, Russian Twists, etc
Move to Great Wall for Peoples Chair
1 minutes AMRAP Burpees
Ball of Man
- First Columbia convergence, complete with three #ShovelFlags. #TClaps to Chaser and Fountainhead for their excellent work on the two new ones.
- Robber’s lead was original and spirited. Nice work.
- Kotters to Queen Bee, Lambchop, and Luke. Glad you’re back.
- Splinter was a bit taken aback when he joked we should count Russian Twists in Russian and Sway actually did. #AllTheRussianIKnow
- DHS has painted lines on their practice field, a sure and welcome sign that football season is almost back!
- DHS has also begun watering their practice fields again, a fact made soakingly clear to the 10 or so pax on that side of the COT when the sprinklers came on.
- Blue Shirts are available in the gear store — check your email this week for a link. Deadline is July 15.
- We will have a special convergence on Tuesday 7/9 at DHS. Ron Burgandy is bringing a camera crew. Wear your gear, look sharp.