Six pax shook off the lure of the fartsack for a moist morning at Lake Depot. Neither Rush nor Clemson were mourned, though we did pause briefly to remember Chippy. YHC lamented the absence of Pothole, who was deterred by a storm that apparently settled directly over his house and was not spotted anywhere else in the Greater Ballentine Metropolitan Area.
It was also noted that none of our most vocal Clemson athletic supporters girded up their loins and joined us.
Roommate is not a professional and was barely awake.
- SSH x 10 IC
- Windmills x 10 IC
- TTH x 10 IC
Partner up, grab some blocks/bricks and go to the track
Braving knee-deep water, each team of two selected one block and two bricks and headed for the track for the only workout Roommate really ever brings: partner one does some stuff with blocks while partner two takes a lap around the track carrying two bricks. Flapjack.
Lacking life preservers, Buddy Love made the sound recommendation of doing half a lap and turning around to avoid the lower pool of Lake Depot.
Work commenced thusly:
- Shoulder press
- Curls for the girls
- Bent-over rows
- Chest press
- Boxing with bricks
- Big Boy situps
In a variation of the usual routine, during “boxing with bricks” the running partner was required to lug the block around the track.
Swim back to return the blocks and bricks and proceed to the parking lot for Stand-up Mary:
- Merkins – 20 OYO
- Jump squats – 20 OYO
- Imperial walkers – 20 OYO
- 2d F lunch at Steve’s Classic Burgers on Wednesday, January 14
- Cottonmouth coming up February 29
- Wednesday Stagger is meeting at Lake Murray Elementary School
- Several pax volunteered to “research” whether the new Craft & Draft of Irmo serves food to evaluate its suitability for a future Thirsty Thursday
- Fool’s Gold friend Danny is recovering from a blood clot on his lung.
- Roommate’s sister had her sixth round of chemo on Monday and will be undergoing another six rounds beginning in February.
Good to be back in the bootcamp gloom, although when Fool’s Gold asked if I would take the Q this morning, I failed to remember there was a big football game last night that finished in the wee hours of the morning. (It’s easy to overlook these things as a Gamecock whose season ended several months ago in a loss to North Carolina.) Nonetheless, the adrenaline rush of seeing Clemson go down in defeat carried me through.