It was soggy and the bricks got heavy, but 8 pax defied the #fartsack this morning and showed up ready for what turned out to be a full-body beatdown. 3 pax decided that the beatdown wouldn’t be all that hard, so they elected to put in a cool 5 miles at #Stridelite XL. All pax packed a lunch and left everything out there. Excellent work by all.
Conditions: 40 degrees and soggy
Disclaimer and Prayer
***Follow Me for COP***
- Side Straddle Hops x 20 IC
- Through the Tunnel x 20 IC
- Plankjacks x 20 IC
- Wind Mills x 20 IC
- Merkins x 20 IC
- Squats x 20 IC
- Burpees x 10 OYO
- Little Baby Arm Circles (Forward) x 10 IC
- Little Baby Arm Circles (Backward) x 10 IC
***Indian Run 1 lap around big soccer field***
***Line up on sideline of big soccer field and partner up.***
- Wheel Barrow to 1st light pole.
- Partner Bear Crawl to 2nd light pole.
- Wheel Barrow to 3rd light pole.
- Crab Walk to 4th light pole.
- Fireman’s Carry back to 3rd light pole.
- Lunge Walk back to 2nd light pole.
- Fireman’s Carry back to 1st light pole.
- Lunge Walk back to start line
***Follow Me to Brick Pile***
- Each pax grab 2 bricks and follow me!
***Dufresne’s Loop** ***Complete all exercises and laps WITH bricks in hand.***
- Start on “grassy side” of boardwalk.
- Overhead Press x 30 OYO
- Run to “concrete side” of boardwalk.
- Low Squats x 30 OYO
- Run to end of sidewalk at the turn.
- Merkins x 30 OYO
- Run back to start point.
- RINSE AND REPEAT for Lap #2 and #3
- Total of a 3/4 mile run, 90 Overhead Press, 90 Low Squats and 90 Merkins.
High, left arm up, right arm up, left leg up, right leg up, right arm/left leg out, left arm/right leg out, high, low, high low, high, low.
***Return bricks to brick pile.***
***Follow Me to Shelter***
- Incline Merkins x 20 IC
- Step Up’s x 20 OYO (each leg)
- Tricep Dips x 20 OYO
- Decline Merkins x 20 OYO
- Box Jumps x 20 OYO
***Grab a spot on the wall***
- People’s Chair x 2 minutes
- Balls to the Wall x 1 minute
***Circle up for Mary***
- Little Baby Crunches x 20 IC
- Boat/Canoe x 2 minutes
- Flutter Kicks x 20 IC
***COT and BOM***
YHC rolled in this morning with a plan to get as much work in as possible in an hour. The men of #Shawshank gave all they had with little to no rest between exercises. Kudos to “Noonan” for making the trip from #F3Columbia to see what all the fuss is about at #Shawshank. He knocked out the trifecta of #StrideliteXL, #Beatdown, and #Coffeeteria with enthusiasm. The boys across the bridge should be proud. Also, #Tclaps to Mayhem for posting at #Crypt and then racing to #Shawshank to spend the last 15-20 minutes with his brothers. It meant a lot to YHC and speaks to the type of #IAm3rd guy he is. By the way… #hashtagsareoutofcontrol
- February 7: Convergence at SnakePit, 7am. If you haven’t been to SnakePit, located at White Knoll High School, you’re missing out on a great AO. This convergence also offers a great DoubleDown opportunity as several pax are participating on The Go Run 5k at 9am. Register here: thegorun.org.
- February 28: Lexington Race Against Hunger. 10K starts at 8:20. Plenty of time to post at 6:15 or 6:30 boot camp. Another DoubleDown opportunity. Register here: lrah.org
- March 7: One Year Anniversary Convergence at Graveyard. While March 1 marks our 1-yr anniversary, we’ll celebrate on Saturday, 3/7. New goal: 175 pax! Get the EH machine rolling.
- April 11: Ultimate Challenge Mud Run. This is F3’s Super Bowl. DO NOT register on the mud run site. F3 will have a special link with which to register. Quisenberry has stepped up to be the F3 Mud Run QIC. This is a huge task. Thanks Quisenberry. Also, No Show has agreed to be our Mud Run Region Q. Preblast coming soon.
- May 1: GORUCK Custom Light. Preblast here: http://f3nation.com/2015/01/07/preblast-goruck-custom-light/
- American Sniper – Private viewing at Dutch Square next Saturday at 8:45. HC on the preblast. Need to get 70 pax there. Do it! Seriously… it’s 6 bucks. http://f3nation.com/2015/01/20/f3columbia-lake-murray-lexington-to-converge-at-the-movies-american-sniper/
- Safe travels Bearded Lady
- Hot Spot’s family
- SawWhat?’s sister
- Knozit’s father and father in-law.
- Sebastian – Diagnosed with leukemia last week. If you want to help… http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/team-sebastian/290108#.VLfXPYPfwLZ.mailto
- All of our brothers on the mend at Boneyard… or at home.
- Walker and the Phillips family (NailPop)
- Hash and Rice – Wife is expecting.
- Lots of folks struggling this time of year. Keep them in your prayers and do your part to help them out if you’re able.