7 faithful Pax arose to the crisp gloom and decided to get better at Snake Pit. YHC had thought that he had reconned Snake Pit to it’s fullest potential after last month’s tour-de-campus workout but after Saturday’s convergence he learned he was mistaken and was introduced to a beautiful area below the main football field that YHC dubbed the Pain Pit. (Sorry, I like naming things). The Pain Pit is an F3 QICs dream. It has blocks and bigger blocks and tires and bigger tires the possibilities are endless. With a head full of hope and a Weinke full of wonder YHC proceeded to lead the Pax on a snotwarbler that is guaranteed to make you better or you get your money back.
The Weather: 40ish and too warm for the amount of clothing I had on.
Mosey to field
COP – all IC
Side Straddle Hop x 20
Thru the tunnel x 20
Imperial walkers x 30
Windmill x 20
LBAC x 15 ew
Merkin x 10
Squat x 20 OYO
Sprint to first cone 5 merkins
Back to tire 5 merkins
Repeat to all cones
Carolina dry docks x 10 at first corner
Sprint to second corner walk out merkins x 10
Lunge to next corner Merkins x 10
Sprint to next corner Derkins x 10
Bear crawl back to start
Rinse and repeat for 5 minutes
Mosey to the Pain Pit
Goblet squat x 20 OYO
Curls for the girls x 20 IC
OH Tricep extensions x 15 IC
P90x box stackers x 10 OYO each side
Thrusters x 20 OYO
Offset merkins x 10 each side IC
Drop off the block and circle up
Bulgarian ball busters x 15 each side
Ice skater squats x 10 each side
Jump squats x 20 OYO
Climb the sand hill back to the field
Guantanamo 1 circuit (check the exercise lexicon)
Flutter kicks x 20 IC
Russian twist x 20 IC
Lil baby crunches x 20 IC
Climb the hill back to the shovel flag
- Awesome effort by the entire Pax. The step-climbers of Snake Pit always step it up for whatever fun torture YHC can come up with.
- Cobains to the Pax for going over time once again. I just have so much fun when I’m at Snake Pit I just don’t want it to end.
- There’s always that one guy who zigs when everyone else zags. enough said.
- Not to self: add more recovery time in between offset merkins. YHC had to strain to squeak out the last of the cadence on that one. I know, I know, don’t Q it if you can’t do it.
- After Qing Boneyard a few times YHC seems to be squeezing more pain and less running into all of his Qs. If you miss the running come to Stride or the yet-to-be-named-as-far-as-I-know running AO at Pilgrim Church.
- Make my Day 12K/5K is this Saturday with a 9am start. Double and Triple down opportunities available starting at 6:30 at Strut with a group running from there to HSF for the race. Plenty of time to double down from any AO though.
- Feb 28th LRAH 5k/10k
- Run Hard Cola Marathon is coming up in March. Last day to register and get your name on your bib.
- Signup now for Mudrun in April!
- Praise and prayers to Flip Flop and his family as they embark on a new journey in life.
- During this week of Valentines Day holiday, make it a point to do something everyday to make someone you love’s day better. Sometimes a small gesture can go a long way to lifting someone who may be suffering and not showing it.