Sixteen Pax started the day wondering why trucks were lined up at the front of the Turning Point AO.
Weather: mid 70’s and humid
Circle up – Disclaimer – Pray – start working where we stood.
Start where we stand, near the shovelflag:
SSH – 10 IC
5 Burpees OYO
TTT 10 IC
5 Burpees OYO
Windmill 20 IC
5 Burpees OYO
Bring Sally Up/Down plank
YHC is a firm believer in all pax continuing to work until all pax complete an exercise. This has been evident in the past with partner sprints. Today, YHC thought it a good idea to build some shoulder burn by doing similar activities with bear crawls.
Mosey down by the truck and loop around the parking lot to the high end:
Bearcrawl in cadence (nod to F3 Chedda) from one curb, across the parking lot, to the adjacent curb (50-60 ft)
Plank by the curb for plank Cha-cha-cha 10 IC
Bearcrawl back across the parking lot, giving it all you’ve got.
Line up in the order in which we finished. Pair up from the ends. 16 pax put 1&16, 2&15, 3&14, … This set the pax up so the quicker bear crawlers would go further, but have to work just as hard as the less quick bear crawler to meet them (not in the middle).
For each round, pax Bear crawl(BC) to meet his partner, complete partner exercise, then both pax BC to the curb from whence they each came.
Round 1: pax 1 BCs around pax 2, pax 2 BCs around pax 1,
Round 2: Plank high-fives 5 times each hand
Round 3: Partner shoulder taps (tap your partner shoulders) 5 times for each of 4 shoulders = 20 taps
Rinse and Repeat Rounds 1 – 3 with twice the count for each exercise
At Wapner’s request, 5 Burpees OYO
Mosey around the parking lot back to near where we began.
Circle up for another round of Bring Sally Up/Down, this time with squats.
Now that our quads were speaking to us, YHC thought it a good time to move those trucks.
Count of in 2’s. 1’s go to one truck, 2’s to the other. Owners got to drive. (T-claps to Swanson and Tater for allowing use of their shiny trucks)
Push the trucks up the parking lot hill.
1/2 way up, brake lights slowed progress. So, we all did 5 burpees OYO.
continue pushing to the top of the parking lot.
Burpees at the top – 5 OYO
Mosey back down the hill for Mary:
– American Hammer – 10 IC
– Flutter Kick – 20 IC
– Heel Taps – 10 IC
– Freddie Mercury – 10 IC
– Hello Dolly – 10 IC
Mosey over to the flag and circle up.
– BRR teams looking for runners September 6-8
– Dam 10K coming up September 22
– Service opportunity – Saturday workday with Homeworks of America – October
– Dear Diary Surgery today (NOTE: by the time this BB was complete, this procedure was complete and DD said all went well)
– Traveling mercies for Pocahontas to NC today
– Traveling mercies for Quisenberry to Ohio this week
– Rumblestrip 2.0 first day of preschool – pray for the M as well
– Quisenberry – strong words to challenge the TP Pax to reach out one to another with encouraging words, especially those not in attendance. We all need the continued EH from time to time. Be that man.
– YHC saw a sign this week, “You can have excuses or successes, which will you choose” Challenged the pax to apply this choice in all they do today.