Upon AOQ Quisenberry announcing a new AOQ would be named on the day YHC had the Q, YHC decided he would use this special occasion to honor the original Turning Point AOQ- Treadmill. Most all of F3 Lexington, and maybe F3 Nation, know that there was one day where Treadmill was the only PAX who posted to Turning Point… and out of AOQ duty did the workout solo… he could have easily gone back home or to a different workout, but it was that day, August 9th, 2014, that Treadmill kept Turning Point alive. And with his continued AOQ reign, followed by Quest, followed by Canseco, followed by Quisenberry, Turning Point has blossomed into the beast that it is today. So today’s workout was for Treadmill.
What I’ve done below is copied and pasted the backblast from that day and anything in bold and italics is something that was added/modified/edited for today.
Turning Point displays the true definition of “You Against You”
1pax rolled into Turning Point this AM with the anticipation of doing away with the virtual ShovelFlag that has been used for weeks and finally planting the “real deal” that was decked out in Battleship Gray as if it came straight from battle at the Midway atoll. YHC had the Q and seemed to be the only pax ready to take on Turning Point on this day. Feels pretty good to hold the record number for pax attendance in the F3 Lake Murray region. The Thang was prepared and the show had to go on so YHC donned his gloves and went to work to represent all of F3 Lake Murray at Turning Point. A good time was had by all (ONE).
21 PAX rolled into Turning Point this AM with the anticipation of a new AOQ being named and passing off the original shovel flag that the original AOQ brought on his solo workout. After a prayer and disclaimer, the PAX were asked to close their eyes and pretend it was August 9, 2014 all over again, but this time we were here for Treadmill, ready to take on this workout. We all had gloves and went to work. A good time was had by all (twenty-one)
Traveling COP Parking lot
- SSH x 20 IC
- Rock Hoppers x 10 IC (didn’t know what rock hoppers were so we did curb hops)
- Squats x 20 IC
- Plank Jacks x 10 IC
Playground (didn’t venture over to playground in the interest of time)
- Toe Taps x 20 IC
- Merkins on Barrier x 10 IC
(We went and grabbed the bricks- I guess in the solo workout Treadmill just had them in his pockets)
Mosey to field Perform one Dauntless Dive Bomber and Plank on track 6 x 6 Brick ladder – 30 seconds of each exercise with 15 seconds between each rung
- Chest Press, rest
- Chest Press, Shoulder Press, rest
- Chest Press, Shoulder Press, Curls, rest
- Chest Press, Shoulder Press, Curls, Tricep Ext, rest
- Chest Press, Shoulder Press, Curls, Tricep Ext, Bent Over Rows, rest
- Chest Press, Shoulder Press, Curls, Tricep Ext, Bent Over Rows, Merkins on bricks, rest
Perform one Dauntless Dive Bomber with Bricks and plank on track when done Mosey to Track at base of steps (Ever done burpees with bricks?) (CROWD PLEASER…minus the crowd)
(we didn’t do the Dauntless Dive Bomber with Bricks but it was still a crowd pleaser)
- Perform 20 merkins OYO and sprint short side, perform 20 squats OYO jog long side, perform 20 merkins OYO and sprint short side, perform 20 squats and jog long side. Plank when done. (didn’t have enough time)
Mosey to courtyard (didn’t have enough time)
- People’s Chair on circle 90 seconds, 60 seconds, 30, seconds, 15 seconds
- Decline Plank on circle 90 seconds, 60 seconds, 30, seconds, 15 seconds
Circle up for Mary
- LBCs x 15 IC
- Freddy Mercury x 15 IC
- DEALER’S CHOICE (No takers, so the Q moved on) (boat/canoe)
As YHC always ends his workouts – 3 minutes of Imperial Walkers for our boy Walker Phillips
COT & BOM
Naked Man Moleskin
- This would be my first post in which the pax attendance was one. I have to say that it was quite humbling. I would be lying if I said there was not a small part of me that wondered if I could make Graveyard, or even head back home. But then the impact of F3 hit and I realized that I was the only one present to represent F3 Nation at Turning Point today. If I did not move forward I would fail not only myself, but all of my F3 brothers and the F3 Nation. If a post is planned, the show must go on. I can’t say the 2nd F was very good (or present), but with the new Turning Point shovelflag planted firmly in Midway soil, I completed the workout.
- At the end of the workout, Quisenberry appointed me new AOQ at Turning Point. I have to say that it was quite humbling. The other 20 PAX there today, and all the other PAX who couldn’t make it today are the reason I do F3. These men make me better physically, but their impact goes far beyond a physical workout. Honored to be a part of this movement and this AO. Great men out there.
- Sweet Baby O 5K this morning.
- August 23 Stomp the Swamp. First Lex Convergence doubledown prior to race at Crypt.
- Sept 19 Tunnel to Towers 5K
- WalkerStrong T-Shirts are available for $10 each with proceeds going to support Nail Pop and his family. Details
- Salsaritas 2nd F on Fridays at 11:45. 19 pax posted yesterday for the kick-off. Mention F3 at register anytime at Salsarita’s and 15% of sales goes to benefit Walker. Details
- Go Ruck Hard Commits now due. Some serious EHing going on across the region.
- 5/13-19 – Runner Safety Week, Sign up as a buddy
- 5/16 – Be Sure to Post at TP as the Shovel Flag will be Passed to the Next AOQ! You don’t want to miss it.
- 5/20-5/31 – Jauntlet (Crusade Wednesday 5/23)
- Walker Phillips, Nail Pop and the entire Phillips family
- The Bickley family in Chapin
- Swanson’s Dad
- Kyrie’s wife- praise
- Buttermaker’s friend Erin- praise
- Hanrahan family
- Quis work
- Little Giants former co-worker
12 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service. 13 Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. 14 The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.
15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Paul, prior to his conversion, was the chief persecutor of the early church. After his conversion on the Road to Damascus, he became the apostle that spread the gospel to the Gentiles. He went from killing the same people that he then preached two.
The application to the past- Paul, as Saul, was the worst of the worst, yet through faith, by grace, he became a tool that brought salvation to who knows how many people. What we have done in the past has absolutely no bearing on our future, because the sins that we have committed, the brokeness that was in our lives, has been cleansed through the blood of Jesus Christ, that as long as we have faith, by grace we are saved and our past has no bondage on us.