There may have been a rather large party going on in Shandon, but YHC was on the Q schedule and was determined to make sure #Woodshed pax who stayed home got some action.
Conditions: Low 60s, pretty much perfect #Murph weather
- SSH x20 IC
- Imperial walkers x20 IC while waiting for @Chewy to plant the @F3WoodshedFlag. Pretty standard stuff.
Mosey to the lower playground
Just to make the numbers nice and round, start off with:
- Pullups x4 OYO
- Squats x12 OYO
- AMRAP glute bridges while YHC explains the rest of the workout (all OYO):
- Pullups x4
- Merkins x10
- Pullups x4
- Squats x24
Repeat that circuit x3, then Run 1/4 mile to the Meadowfield principal’s parking space
- Merkins x20
Run 1/4 mile back to the playground
Repeat all of the above x4. Do the math and that all adds up to:
- Run 2 miles
- Pullups x100
- Merkins x200
- Squats x300
Also known as one #Murph. You’re welcome.
COT (arms were shaky all around)
BOM by Pipeline
- #TClaps to @Bloodwork for being the only one to complete the entire workout before time was called. 40 minutes is now the official #Woodshed #Murph record.
- All other pax made it to the final round; YHC finished everything but the last 1/4 mile or so. The only exception was @Odyssey who rolled in about 10 minutes late and missed the first playground circuit. #LIFO
- Breaking the exercises down into small chunks does two things: it makes the very intimidating #Murph seem more doable, and it allows you to focus on form and not speed. Anyone can do 10 merkins and mosey 1/4 mile. The majority of pax can do 4 pullups. Anyone can, even YHC, if they modify enough.
- Speaking of which, this may be the first time YHC has ever called pullups in a workout. Whatever YHC’s #Dolphin is, pullups are the opposite of it. Inspired by this week’s #Armory talk on taking the #DRP, YHC decided to embrace the suck, hang a bar on his bonus room door and beat them into submission. There will be much upper body soreness and no more #SoccerArms by the end of the year.
- F3 Dads is coming your way on Fridays as soon as school gets out. Do not miss it.
- Get ready for the #CrazyTrain, last week of June. Last year 5 of 6 finishers were from the #Eastside (Chewy, Serena, Heist, Corndog, and YHC). #Ozzy
- #Mission cookout, 5/23 at Seven Oaks Park, 1730 hours. Sign up to bring something here.