8 PAX posted on probably the hottest morning of the summer for a little frisbee action at Riverland Hills. With humidity at 100%, temperatures in the low 80s, and a smaller than usual crowd- the game seemed to drag on. Decent plays were made, tons of sweat was released, and I think all 8 in attendance were glad to make the decision to post this morning.
Conditions- 80 and muggy
- Boo made what we think was his 2021 debut at Clash. YHC Ehed him yesterday and he came out and walked away with the Clash trophy. One can only imagine what he may add to the trophy for next week’s presentation.
- With a little tail wind in both directions and a limited amount of defensive effort on display, touchdowns were aplenty. I think good guys ended up losing by a touchdown but Pinot is the one to ask to know for sure.
- We ended the contest right at 5:50am. No overtime, no extra innings, no next point wins, no golden gold, no run it back. When I gave the under the breath comment of “y’all about ready to call it?” and nobody objected, that was all the confirmation I needed to call it a day.
- Pothole aka hammer time connected with Software on at least two, maybe 8 occasions with the hammer to the back of the endzone throw, catching all of the good guys not off guard at all, but in our specialty defense strategy of the day… the loose zone, which hammer time picks apart in quick fashion.
- It was a nice day for hats. Pebbles had a multicolored fade kinda hat that matched nicely with his reebox shirt. Boo was sporting a mighty fine blue L hat, which I’m assuming stands for Lexington but nobody really looked at the hat. Those long gray locks have all of us jealous for that kinda flow.