14 PAX posted on maybe the most beautiful Saturday of the month for what ended up being a heavy leg day, a seemingly infinite number of burpees, and some LEGITish touchdown celebrations. Let me explain.
Conditions- 45ish and beautiful. According to Granolas weather-and-clothing (WAC) chart, 45 degrees and beautiful is a Speedo and nothing else. Thankfully, he nor any of the PAX used the WAC chart as the end all be all for the workout.
The THANG- Mosey toward back parking lot for motivators x 5, squats x 10 IC
Mosey to stairs, partner up.
- Set #1- partner one runs up and down stairs 5 times while partner two does wall sits then switch
- Set #2- partner one does bunny hops up and down stairs 2 times while partner two does squat jumps then switch
- Set #3- partner one does crawl bear down hill and then run up stairs 3 times while partner two does Al Gores then switch
Then Wapner set up cones for a ultimate football game while the PAX did the indian snake run, with a PAX weaving in and out of the indian run until they got to the front.
Back to the starting point, PAX split into teams based on presumed ability. Ultimate Football is like ultimate frisbee except with a football. It is suppose to be a non-contact sport…. and every time there was a turnover or touchdown all PAX did a burpee. There was not an official count but had to be at least 50 burpees. Obnoxious touchdown celebrations were encouraged. Best celebrations- Buttermaker as choir director leading the seated choir and rowing race while singing row row row your boat.
Fun had by all, good workout and I don’t think any serious injuries.
Mosey back to shovel flag for COT.
- Families Helping Familes- Booster and other PAX shopping for the two TP families on 12/9 at 6:30pm at Walmart. Come on and help shop if you are willing and able
- Christmas party 12/14
- Navity Ruck 12/24
- CHHeddar’s co-workers son (I think? wasn’t recording and memory is a little fuzzy)
- Where is our hope? Especially when times are bleak and we are at rock bottom. I shared with the PAX the story that was shared with me about how the Hymn “It is Well with My Soul” came to be written- after the death of 4 children at sea:
“In a late change of plan, he sent the family ahead while he was delayed on business concerning zoning problems following the Great Chicago Fire. While crossing the Atlantic Ocean, the ship sank rapidly after a collision with a sea vessel, the Loch Earn, and all four of Spafford’s daughters died. His wife Anna survived and sent him the now famous telegram, “Saved alone …”. Shortly afterwards, as Spafford traveled to meet his grieving wife, he was inspired to write these words as his ship passed near where his daughters had died. Bliss called his tune Ville du Havre, from the name of the stricken vessel.” (Wikipedia)
- This guy has just lost all 4 children and still has the HOPE in the Lord through Jesus Christ. WOW… Where is our HOPE?
- Romans 5:5- And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.