Today marked the start of a new year and new decade. A great time to recommit ourselves to Fitness, to Fellowship, and most importantly to Faith.
Today’s convergence was held in traditional convergence format. Led by 4 Qs with 4 Pain Stations. All the PAX exercised at a station, then rotated to the next until all four were completed. Ultimate Frisbee was also an option that was played by several PAX. A couple PAX ran for the entire hour.
Weather: chilly but not too bad
- 1 minute warning, introduction of Qs, welcome FNGs, disclaimer, prayer
Circle up for some warm-up exercises…
- Kenwood – 15x SSHs
- Mercy Rule – 15x TTTs
- Lego – 15x IWs
- Muggy Tape – 15x Squats
Break out into groups and rotate through these Pain Stations…
- Kenwood – track/cardio – laps around the track with a BOMBS ladder progression on the straight aways
- Mercy Rule – block work – 11’s with presses and curls, overhead/farmers carry block between sets
- Lego – F3’s Workout Deck beatdown – draw a card and perform exercise/reps on the card
- Muggy Tape – Tomcat at the stairs – added to this by adding 5 burpees between each lap
Meet back at the track for the Count-o-Rama, Name-o-Rama, FNG naming, and Prayer.
- Lake Summers, 20, from Lexington, junior at Clemson, science and math > Cocky?, C++, Dialup?, AOL?, You’ve Got Mail? > AOL it is.
- Josh Davidson, USC grad, from Charleston, work at WIS > Sam?, Little Knozit?, On Your Side?, Dawndy? > Dawndy it is.
Prayer (by Lego)…
- PROVERBS 27:17 – As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.
- God, all of us are different. Some of us are OG PAX, some of us are new. Some are struggling to finish a workout, some of us are legends. For some the struggle is not in the workout but in life. Whether we are trying to squeeze out one more merkin or trying to be a better husband and father, we praise You that You do not leave us to fend for ourselves. You have given us Godly wisdom not just through your word but also through our brothers out here in this field. Let no man leave here today with the notion that he is by himself. Regardless what life throws your way, there is a God and roughly 100 men out here who care deeply. May we all become better husbands, fathers, leaders, and men of Christ.