17 pax posted at Turning Point on a beautiful December morning.
YHC wanted to change things up for this morning’s workout, so he took a few things he had lying around the house and designed a course for the pax to work their way through. YHC visited The Stand during the Gauntlet earlier this year and was inspired with the sled pull. YHC acquired a pallet, added some weight, and tied a rope to each end. YHC also drilled a hole in a piece of 1″ pvc, attached a rope, and tied it to a half cinder block. This was used to roll the rope around the pipe, for a forearm workout. YCH also brought out the sledge hammer and an old tire to take out frustrations on. Below is what went down.
Weather-62 degrees, breezy, perfect!
1 minute warning
Mosey around the parking lot, working toward the back parking lot, stopping periodically to do the exercises below.
SSH x 20 IC
TTT x 10 IC
LBAC x 20 IC
LBAC(r) x 20 IC
Michael Phelps x 10 OYO
Morrocan Night Club x 10 IC
IW x 20 IC
Mountain Climber x 20 IC
Merkin x 10 IC
Count off 5 groups(3-4 per group). Mosey toward the block pile. Designated groups grab bricks, blocks, as instructed. Workout is a circuit with 5 minutes at each station.
Station 1: Sledge Hammer vs tire x 20(Switch grip halfway through) then switch pax. Remaining Pax squat.
Station 2: Sled pull(about 30′ each way). Remaining pax recover.
Station 3: Roll ups x 2 then switch pax. Remaining pax lateral raises/front raises with bricks.
Station 4: Curls for the girls x 10 and tricep extension x 10(Blocks) until time to rotate stations.
Station 5: Farmer’s carry 2 blocks(about 60′) then 20 flutter kicks. RnR.
Return blocks/bricks, tire, etc to their rightful places.
Mosey to the SF.
2 minutes left, so Roxanne until time is called. The pax made it through the first chorus before time.
Count-o-rama, Name-o-rama, COT.
- Christmas Party is Saturday.
- Vote for best of F3.
- Nativity Ruck 12/24, location TBD.
- FHF shopping is almost complete, just need bicycles.
- Booster Anniversary today(praise)
- Wapner’s M’s coworker-Meredith, and M’s coworker’s son in car accident with injuries.
- Granola’s 2.0’s gymnastics coach-pregnancy
- Simon Says-International Pastor at his church
Don’t allow the stress of the holidays to effect your impact and your legacy. This may be the only time of the year that you have the opportunity to interact with some people.
- Multiple genres of music were played during the workout, Kids Bop seemed to get the best response from the pax.
- The roll up was sneaky tough. YHC may reduce the weight before its next appearance.
- YHC may have gotten over ambitious with the weight of the sled pull in the beginning, but it was quickly modified.
- The last 2 stations were 2.5 minutes each, just so everyone got to experience each station before running out of time.
- As always, YHC thoroughly enjoyed leading the men of Turning Point. What a great group of guys!