10 pax posted at Crusade this morning to get better together. YHC wanted to give the pax a new route to try out. YHC has never run the route before so it wasn’t clear on how the pax would react. Of course, all attacked the route aggressively and did great. As an added bonus, we got to see Yellow Cake as he was on his way to Stride.
Conditions: 55 and clear
Disclaimer, count off, go over route.
YHC planned two routes – both into Carriage Hill Lakes with one longer route and one shorter route. YHC is running in the P200 this weekend along with a few other Pax so a shorter option was available. Online app had the longer route at 4.4 miles and the shorter at 3.5 (see Moleskin for details). Make a left out of the parking lot onto N. Lake Drive. Make a right onto Cumberland Drive. For the shorter route, continue on Cumberland until it turns in Carriage Lake Drive and stay to the right. Follow this around back to N. Lake Drive and make a left and head back to the church. For the longer route, take Cumberland Drive to Carriage Lake Drive and stay to left and run down to loop and continue back up to N. Lake Drive and head back to church.
Quisenberry led us in prayer.
Great work by everyone this morning. YHC apologizes for the miscalculation in the mileage planned with this mornings routes. YHC spent the night before looking for an online app to calculate mileage only to find out that the app used was way off and said 3.45 and 4.4 miles for the two routes, when in reality, they were about 1-1.5 miles shorter. Pax ran between 3.5-4.5 miles. Some added onto the route for extra miles because that’s what F3 Pax do. Next time YHC will drive a new route for accurate mileage. Crusade is developing a good group of regulars coming out 2-3 days/week to get better together. Don’t be left out and come join the group. The more the merrier. Crusade will continue with Monday runs as well at 5am.
- March 20/21: P200
- April 11: Ultimate Challenge Mud Run. Registration is open. The deadline to register is March 1st. You don’t want to miss this event. This is F3’s Super Bowl. DO NOT register on the mud run site. F3 will have a special link with which to register. Quisenberry is the F3 Mud Run QIC. Also, No Show has agreed to be our Mud Run Region Q. Preblast and more info here: http://f3nation.com/2015/01/28/spring-2015-mud-run-pre-blast-registration-opens-2115/
- May 1: GORUCK Custom Light. Preblast here: http://f3nation.com/2015/01/07/preblast-goruck-custom-light/
- Prayers for Walker and family as seizures continue and now a cold is spreading in the house.
- Prayers for Hoppers mother who is in hospital.
- Prayers for all doing the P200 this weekend.