YHC paid a visit to Graveyard this AM to celebrate his 1 year F3 anniversary and share with the pax a little of what he has learned. YHC was also humbled and pleased that 28 pax had decided to celebrate with him. Hopefully the pax was able to get in a good workout and break a little sweat while they were at it. It was the least that YHC could do since I did fartsack on them the last time I was scheduled to Q at Graveyard.
Conditions: 50° (This weather was warm comparatively speaking, so I can only come to the conclusion that today must have brought the REAL MEN out to Graveyard)
Disclaimer and Prayer
Head down and mosey around the Plush field (high knees, butt kicks, & karaoke) and circle up – Ah the black pellets are bringing back memories
- SSH x 20 IC
- Wind Mills x 15 IC
- OH Claps x 20 IC and hold arms out for the next 4 exercises
- Dirty Bird x 20 IC
- Raise the roof x 20 IC
- LBACs forwards x 20 IC
- LBACs backwards x 20 IC recover and lower arms (if you haven’t already)
- Squats x 15 IC
- SloMo Merkins x 10 IC
4×4 Ladder – Line up on the 50 yard line and count off by 2’s for later
- Merkins – 30”
- Rest 10” walking up to the 40 yard line
- Merkins, Squats – 30”ea.
- What the??? BURPEE TRAIN – Thanks to Good Hands for bringing it to YHC’s attention.
- Rest 10” walking up to the 30 yard line
- Merkins, Squats, LBCs – 30”ea.
- Rest 10” walking up to the 20 yard line
- Merkins, Squats, LBCs, Burpees – 30”ea.
- Mosey to the goal line
Line up at goal line – Find your God given talents and share them
- 1’s – 100 yard bear crawl to the 50 yard line and back plank til the six arrives
- 2’s – Wall burpees until the first pax returns from bear crawl, people’s chair until the six arrives.
MINI – PLANKFEST (pax holds plank the entire time through each series of exercises each exercise is 30 seconds, short “traveling” rest between each series) Start on the goal line
- Series 1 – Plank, side plank right, side plank left, low plank
- Sprint to 50 yard line
- Series 2 – Plank reaches, merkins, plank jacks, Plank
- Retro run to goal line
Circle up for MARY
- LBCs x 15 IC
- Heel Touches x 15 IC
- Heels to Heaven x 15 OYO (bridge when done)
- Russian Twists x 15 IC
- Flutter Kicks x 15 IC
3 minutes of Imperial Walkers for WALKER (AMRAP last 30 seconds)
- Great work by the men of Graveyard. All joking aside, this is a great group of brothers that works their butts off. Great guys who I would love to see come visit Turning Point every so often.
- March 2015 is a significant month for YHC. It is the first month in 4 years that I did not make a payment to Gold’s Gym even though I have not stepped foot in that #fern over the past year. That would have been the time in which F3 was a real part of my life. I was getting EH’ed by the likes of Scooper and Ken Doll, but location was an issue. Okay location was an issue on weekdays, Saturdays it was just pure laziness. Then the decision was made that F3 was coming to Lexington. Prior to F3 I was in a Three-dimensional rut. My mornings at the gym were getting fewer each week and, when I did attend, they were pathetically unproductive. I thought I had plenty of friends, but failed to see how many great men there were in my community that could make me better. My faith, while I always felt was good, was not reaching it’s full potential the way God has always intended. My life was great. I have an awesome wife who loves and supports me, two great kids that make me a proud dad, and a good career that the Lord has blessed me with. I didn’t WANT anything more. What I didn’t know is what I NEEDED. Over the past year I have discovered fellowship with brothers that I may not have ever crossed paths with if not for F3. This is by far the best group of men that YHC has ever been associated. My faith in Jesus Christ has grown more than ever and has been taken to new heights. My health and fitness level has allowed me to do things that I would have never done and previously did not have the desire to do. Over the past year, YHC has become a better husband, father, brother, son, friend, co-worker, follower of Christ and man than ever before. Thank you Lord, for placing F3 in my life and allowing me to help other #sadclowns find the treasure that I have found. You #sadclowns out there may not be sure if you WANT F3, but I can assure you that you NEED F3.
- Convergence at Graveyard – March 7 175 pax goal
- Mudrun sign up extended, price went up though. Go ahead and sign up! Mudrun – April 11
- Curing Kids Cancer Fire Truck Pull April 18 – trying to get a team from Lexington, Meltdown has graciously offered to cover half of the team fees. 10 man teams – $200/team ($20/person). Proceeds go toward childhood cancer cures.
- F3/FiA GORUCK Light May 1
- Prayers for Blindside’s M who is battling second round of stomach bug. Prayer for good health.
- Prayers for the Phillips family and their continuing journey. Help them find faith and understanding in The Lord’s plan. You can follow their journey at www.waitingonwalker.com
Devotion – Colossians 2:2
“I want them to be encouraged and knit together by strong ties of love. I want them to have complete confidence that they understand God’s mysterious plan, which is Christ himself.” -Colossians 2:2
Everyone has a magnetic response to strong ties of love. As a matter of fact, we knit ourselves together and not just romantically. People seek out community in order to find these strong ties that are based in love. In community we are able to find love, acceptance, and encouragement. Are you building a community that demonstrates the love of Christ?
YHC feels strongly that this verse is the very meaning of F3 and our Lord’s purpose for this powerful organization.
Link for daily devotion app: http://bit.ly/16uZrQ5