As 20 Pax, including 1 FNG, rolled into the parking lot at Depot this morning, they were unaware that they would quickly be warmed up and be “burning” as YHC put the pax through a ring of fire beat down. This workout provided a great opportunity for some quality 2ndF and the Pax took full advantage of being able to breathe during the first half of the workout for outstanding mumblechatter.
Conditions: Clear and 57 degrees
Mosey to the upper soccer field and start with 1 lap double applesauce around the field.
Circle up in the middle of the field:
- SSH x 15 (IC)
- Windmill x 10 (IC)
- IW x 10 (IC)
- Little Arm Circles x 10 (IC) forward and back
Mosey to corner of field:
In one large circle, ring of fire – At this point, YHC knew we had a lot of Pax, so he made the call to only do rounds of 5 and 10, and skip the round of 15. After about 3 of the Pax performed their pushups, YHC quickly began to realize that 20 Pax in the circle was too many. After completing rounds of 5 and 10 (while hearing the story about the deer that ran into a car the morning prior while some of the Pax completed the Murph), the group split into 2 even groups and moved to the adjacent short corner of the field.
Modified ring of fire with squats – instead of holding the plank position while the other Pax did pushups, the group held the “air chair” position while the Pax rotated with rounds of 5, 10, and 15 squats.
Mosey to adjacent long corner for regular ring of fire in separate groups. By this time, I think the Pax felt like we were competing with this guy for longest plank held:
Mosey to the adjacent short corner for modified ring of fire with squats in separate groups.
Mosey to brick-pile:
Split into 3 groups. Group 1 grabs cinder blocks and do block-work, Group 2 hold a plank while Group 3 runs halfway around the track. Group 3 will then begin doing ab-work.
- Group 1 – Curls
- Group 2 – Run halfway around track and relieve Group 3
- Group 3 – Flutter kicks until Group 2 arrives, run remaining distance around track, and relieve Group 1
- Group 1 – Run halfway around track and relieve Group 2 doing flutter kicks
- Continue around track, changing exercises when reaching original starting position:
- Overhead arm press/LBC’s
- Overhead tricep extension/BBS
Put blocks back and head to shovel flag for COT and prayer.
- Thirsty Thursday Happy Hour this week at British Bulldog Pub on Bower Parkway at 5:30pm.
- We will now be doing a the Murph every Monday at Depot starting at 5:30am.
- Families Helping Families Teletohon with WIS-TV – November 28.
- Check your email for information on about BIRCH F3 Christmas party.
- We need Q’s to step up, so if you have been thinking about it, let someone know and we can help get you set up for your VQ or can Co-Q with you.