11 men aced another monthly Dealer’s Choice at Hammer.
Here’s the concept and premise of our Dealer’s Choice:
Here’s how it was, who called it, and what happened:
Conditions – 46 degrees, cloudy, light rain at times
- Mosey to the playground
- 50 pull-ups and 100 iron cross
- complete in 10 continuous sets of 5 pull-ups and 10 iron cross
- Mosey to the shelter
- 25 derkins and 50 box jumps
- complete in 5 continuous sets of 5 derkins and 10 box jumps
- 100 squats and 100 merkins
- complete in 5 continuous sets of 20 squats and 20 merkins
- 100 dips and 100 step ups
- complete in 5 continuous sets of 20 dips and 20 step-ups
Notice a pattern? Great minds think alike? Not necessarily, as that was shattered with…
- Mosey to tennis court for BooBooCides
- crab walk to end of 1st court, back pedal to start
- bear crawl to end of 2nd court, back pedal to start
- lunge walk to end of 3rd court, back pedal to start
- slide to end of 4th court, slide back to start
- Mosey back to shelter for Ab ladder
- 15 flutter kicks, 15 Russian twists, 15 LBCs
- 14 flutter kicks, 14 Russian twists, 14 LBCs
- continue all the way down to 10 of each
- With great regret he announces his burpee merkin bridge (pyramid?)
- 1 normal burpee
- start normal burpee, but do 2 merkins at the bottom before coming back up
- burpee with 3 merkins at the bottom
- go all the way up to burpee with 10 merkins
- then continue burpees going all the way back down with 9 merkins, 8, 7, down to 1 normal burpee
- 100 calf raises (#crowdpleaser)
- max slow merkins 1 min
Nice work today by the PAX. Virtually zero running. Could be a function of most people doing run groups or running on their own, or could just be the ebb and flow of the workouts. We hit pretty much everything and were efficient with our time. This format won’t work unless the PAX come prepared, they have the ability to modify if someone grabs their idea first, and they bring the heat. Well done.
BOM Prayer – Sweetness
- Please pray for Detour’s friend from Winnsboro (Jenny Caldwell) that passed away on Mon from cervical cancer
- Battle on Sat will be Qed by Hammer regulars Splinter and Collar
- The Wall on Sat will be Qed by Hammer regular RA
- MCG Long Run on Sat 2/6/16. See McLovin of Adrian for details.
- St Lawrence Place 5K on Sat 2/20/16. See YHC for details.
- F3 Columbia is sponsoring the Spring 2016 Mud Run. Details will be out soon.