Eleven amblers set out in the dark of the early morning to fulfill a need that they didn’t know they had. What was the need? It was a need for speed. And the only way to satisfy that need is the Golden Cleats Track Meet. Nowhere else can you partake in the continuous baton passing, lung burning, quad tightening, calf hurting, almost merlot spilling relay races.
Conditions: 78 with 80% humidity
800 meter warm up (2 laps)
100 meter high knees/butt kicks
300 meters at 80% speed
Mosey to starting positions (spaced 100 meters apart around the track)
5x100m relay with baton continuous for 3000 meters (each pax ran six 100 meter sprints passing the baton)
Repeat 5x100m relay with baton continuous for 3000 meters
One 5 x 100m relay spending everything you got left in your tank.
COT and BOM: Closed out by Slumdog
- We broke into 2 Teams of 5 and scattered around the track 100 meters apart. Team 2 won the first 3000 meter relay finishing with a time of 7:46. Team 1 finished with a time of 8:05. We then shuffled the teams a bit for the second race. Team 1 was victorious for the second 3000 meter relay finishing at 8:00 minute mark. Team 2 finish at 8:15. Final tank emptying 500 meter relay was one for the ages. Both teams finished with a time of 1:03 with Subprime appearing to nose out a victory over Fountainhead on the final leg. The finish was close enough to where if you had two judges watching the finish, there is a high probability that they would have disagreed on who won the race. Rematch has to be scheduled.
- It was a good showing for the second track meet. It’s definitely more fun having at least 2 teams out there to push each other around the track. Having something besides the clock to race against certainly had something to do with the faster times this week. Lets try to get 15 out there next time to so we can field 3 teams.
Announcements: (interposed by Fountainhead)
- We have a growing list of prayer requests and they all seem to revolve around the 2.0’s and emotionally adopted 2.0’s of our pax. Please continue to pray for the kids, both near and far, of our small community who are desperately in need of the Lord’s blessing.
- Plan to attend (and bring an EH’d friend to) the monster convergence on October 26th at Finlay Park. It’ll be huge. T-shirts are expected in the coming weeks for those who’ve ordered them so plan to gear up for the big one year anniversary event.
- We’re working on at THIRD Palmetto 200 relay team. We’re up around 28 participants so far with more coming from Greenville, Charlotte and elsewhere. This will not be an event you want to miss. Check the pre-blast for details and contact Chaser or YHC if you’re ready to commit.
- The 2nd F Golf Outing at Crickentree is this coming Thursday. It’s not too late to participate and, with 20+ people already on board, it’ll be a great F3 showing. Contact AlterBoy at [email protected] to get on the list.