Today was my 1st boot camp Q since the conclusion of the Iron Pax Challenge. I did all 4 IPC workouts (really 5 with week 0), and several of them 2 times in the week. Therefore, I had no intention to use anything remotely related to the IPC – no blocks, no burpees, no lunges, no 400 meter runs, etc, etc. On the other hand, the workout is supposed to be hard and not suck, so I started thinking about the next most annoying option after the IPC. For my Qs, that’s always pull-ups. For some reason I also kept coming back to Hustler merkins. Then I decided to get creative and build off of that deplorable exercise with a new variation for legs and abs. And voila, this morning in the gloom was born the Slumdog squats and Scrunchies! 11 PAX were lucky enough to get to the experience these new atrocities.
Conditions – hot and humid, Summer in October!
Brief COP Warm-up
- SSH IC x 10
- Imperial Walkers IC x 10
- LBAC forward x 10
- LBAC backward x 10
Now brisk mosey for about ¾ mi down Briarfield, R onto Sylvan, R onto Satchel Ford, and around the bus loop
- Stopping 5 times for 20 wide arm merkins and 20 heel tap crunches along the way
Mosey over the playground for pull-ups
- 10 pull-ups and 10 iron cross
- 9 pull-ups and 9 iron cross
- 8 pull-ups and 8 iron cross
- Down to 1 each
Mosey over to the basketball court for Slumdog squats!
- 1 squat then 4 calf raises
- 2 squats then 8 calf raises
- 3 squats then 12 calf raises
- up to 10 squats then 40 calf raises
Mosey over to the outfield of the nearest baseball field for Scrunchies!
- 1 big boy sit-ups then 4 Chaser LBCs
- 2 big boy sit-ups then 8 Chaser LBCs
- 3 big boy sit-ups then 12 Chaser LBCs
- up to 10 big boy sit-ups then 40 Chaser LBCs
Mosey back to COT through the Hammer Forest
- Another great morning at Hammer. Weather didn’t turn out to be too bad.
- Watch out for the 10 burpee late show up punishment during opening COP -> Roses
- Or the 5 burpee reaaaaalllly late show up punishment halfway down Briarfield -> Deville
- Calves are on fire from those Slumdog squats! Feeling the Scrunchies and pull-ups as well. Gonna be dragging tomorrow.
- Sweatiest dude in F3 Columbia? Roses with a slight win over Bindi. Wally can’t hold a candle to those guys anymore…
- F3 Columbia 7th anniversary convergence – Sat 10/19/19 at AC Flora at 7 AM