Fresh off of our Cannonball Run victory at the F3 Columbia 5 year anniversary convergence on Saturday at The Mothership, 10 Hammer PAX showed up in the gloom to get back to work on a lovely Tuesday morning. There was a lot of running on Saturday and really there has been a good bit of running at Hammer boot camps lately so YHC felt the need to get back to the boot camp basics. Call them fundamentals. With that in mind, here’s what we did this morning at Hammer.
Conditions – mid 50s, 95% humidity, pretty solid overall
Mosey to the playground. Partner up.
- P1 – 5 pull-ups
- P2 – 10 iron cross
- Flap jack
- Rinse and repeat X 5 for 25 pull-ups and 50 iron cross for each partner
- P1 – 10 high bench step-ups (5 each leg) #surprisinglydifficult
- P2 – 10 big boy sit-ups
- Flap jack
- Rinse and repeat X 5 for 50 step-ups and 50 big boys for each partner
Round 3 – repeat Round 1
Round 4 – repeat Round 2
TOTALS – 50 pull-ups, 100 iron cross, 100 step-ups, 100 big boys
Mosey to the bus loop. Line up at the start line by the road for some zoo work
- Bear crawl about 50 yards to handicap line
- Backwards bear crawl about 30 yards past the mid point of the loop
- Feet forward crab walk for 50 yards to end of bus loop. 10 burpee penalty if your butt hits the ground. #crowdpleaser
- Lunge walk down Satchel Ford Rd for 50 yards
- Backward crab walk for 30 yards to cross walk. 10 burpee penalty if your butt hits the ground. #crowdpleaseragainbecausesomanyHammerPAXhatecrabwalking
Mosey down Shannon Springs about halfway down hill for merkin hill ladder
- 10 merkins at bottom (middle way down hill)
- Sprint to the top at Satchel Ford Rd
- 9 merkins
- Sprint back down the hill
- 8 merkins
- Etc all the way down to 1, which ended at the top of the hill
Mosey to the grass at the beginning of the bus loop for some mary
- 20 LBCs
- 20 Russian big boys – 2 ct Russian twist at the top then straight into a big boy sit-up is 1 rep
- 20 LBCs
- 20 iron flutters – 2 count flutter kick straight into iron cross is 1 rep, keep your feet off the ground the entire time for max pain
Brisk mosey back to COT
BOM Prayer – Misfire
- Great work by the PAX. Is crab walking really that bad?
- T-Claps to McLovin, Cornstache, and all AOQs who helped create, design, promote, and execute the inaugural Cannonball Run. Great idea and lots of fun. Would love to do it again. I also think we need more stuff like it throughout the year.
- T-Claps to the Hammer PAX that participated in and helped us win the Cannonball Run – Splinter, Eldrick, Collar, Boo Boo, Duckie, Wally, Billy Bob, and YHC
- T-Claps to Swampfox PAX (Fountainhead, Furlough, and Snowbird) and Sandlot PAX (Ronda) that joined the Hammer team and took home the gold
- Mission cookout this Fri. See Robber for details
- Lexington ½ marathon coming up in Nov. Honoring Cheech and giving a portion of the proceeds to his kids.