13 Faithful rose in the ever darkening gloom for a chilly start to the morning. Fall is upon us. The downPAINment of the day was a return to origins… a throwback repeat of the 1 mile interval training workout done in the early days of Amble. And, as with many such workouts, the pain was both self inflicted and rewarding. You get out what you put in.
Conditions: 57 degrees and still 93% humidity.
- 800 M warmup double lap to get used to the welcome fall weather
- 1 mile repeats X 3 with a single recovery lap between each rep
- 400 M cool down lap or some such deceleration
COT & BOM
- This was indeed a return to origins as the 1 mile repeat x 3 was the very first workout held at Owens Field way back on June 24th… three months ago tomorrow. In that time, and in fact over the four month course of #Amble, we’ve seen remarkable improvement by the group. That’s said to both encourage the long time #Amble faithful and those who haven’t yet embraced the M/W/F suck. When Amble was started there was a big push to get guys working out more than three times a week. We tend to reach various physical plateaus and our bodies get comfortable in that rythme. If you haven’t come out to Amble or if you’re just getting started, let this be an encouragement. Four five and even six days of exercise will change your life just as much as three days did when the bootcamp became your T/Th/Sa routine. Rise above your plateau.
- T-Claps to the Gov’s Cup crowd. If you’re hanging with us, you should be starting to figure out that you can both cross the finish line AND do so with a goal in mind. Finishing, yes, will be good. Start thinking now, though, about how you will finish it, in what kind of time, so that your training can start being shaped to meet that goal.
- This workout will be repeated. If you want to see your progress, write down your times today or post them in the comments below… bragging rights, yes, but also a spot you’ll be able to find in another few months.
- The golf outing is scheduled for October 10. Please contact Uno or Alter Boy if you are interested. We need to provide the golf course a head count next week. The preblast is now up.
- The 3rd F bible study, which does not meet tomorrow night but rather next Tuesday night, does still have a seat or two left. If anyone is interested, contact TB at [email protected]. Meetings are scheduled for alternating Tuesday nights through the next few months at TB’s house, 8:00 PM.
- If you’re on the Governors Cup list but haven’t registered, please go ahead and do so before the rate goes up at the end of this month. The discount code and registration instructions are on the Pre-Blast. Training runs planned for the weekends will also continue to be e-mailed out AND posted as Pre-blasts, such as the forthcoming 9 mile run this weekend, so that everyone can know the plan.
- One team for the Palmetto 200 has already been formed with a second getting assembled now. March is a long way out but if you’re interested, we need to go ahead and get a roster together. Sign up now and show your commitment to F3 and our long term stamp on this state.
- Amble is trying to make a shift in organizational structure to encourage the pax to take on a leadership role. If you’re interested in figuring out a run route and leading as Q, please let me know at [email protected]. There’s no better way to step up to the plate than organizing a run.
- #HDHH is at Henry’s again this Wednesdaynight. Head to Lizards thicket for lunch that same day for some 2nd F eats.