13 pax came out to 1) Get Better and 2) Support my recent 37th birthday and 3) Celebrate my 5 year anniversary of being a part of F3 Depot. Little did everyone know, they will never look at the number 37 again, at least today..
1 minute warning
Disclaimer: At your own risk, do what you can do, listen to your body.
Covid Disclaimer: Social distance
Start Time: 0530
Warm Up (Part 1):
- SSH x 20 IC
- Imperial Walker x 15 IC
- TTT x 15 IC
- Windmills x 15 IC
- Overhead Arm Clap x 37 IC
Everyone grabbed a block and meandered to the big field.
Warmup (Part 2) Cusak Games – Big Field Style
- Apparently, QIC needs to go back to the 1st grade and learn the difference between ‘Groups of 2’ and ‘2 Groups’.
- Once the pax stood there with ‘deer in the headlights’ syndrome, they continued with a confused look until we all got on the same page.
- This time, we did enjoyed this game of camaraderie on the big field (not a small parking lot), had to stay on the outside of the light poles
- 2 groups, lined up, one block each group, person in the front is cusacking while the others follow.
- Each time the leader put the block down, everyone in that group did 10 merkins.
- Group 2 finished first and went back to pick up the 6 (Group 1).
Island Style: For those of you who know me well, you know that I love to travel, especially to anywhere in the tropics. I felt like it was appropriate for us all to have island spirits this morning by listening to the music that takes me to anywhere on the water (lake, ocean, islands)
Back to the Workout: We will mosey to each “Spot”, going around the field, staying on the outside of the light posts. AOQ Fools Gold estimated each lap was approximately 1/2 a mile. We did 4 laps (1 Cusak game + 3 Laps below)
Spot 1: Corner on the field near the playground
Spot 2: Opposite end of the field adjacent to FC United Soccer field
– Spot 1: 37 Shoulder Presses w/ Block – OYO
– Spot 2: 37 LBC OYO
– Spot 1: 37 Merkins – OYO
– Spot 2: 37 Flutter-kicks – OYO
– Spot 1: 37 Curls for the Girls – OYO
– Spot 2: 37 Squats – OYO
“Pothole is watching” disclaimer used occasionally (but emphatically) to ensure proper form and technique
After we finished the 3rd lap and 6th exercise, there was just enough time for Mary. Put the blocks up and circled up in the parking lot.
Mary consisted of 5 minutes of fun:
- 6 inches for 37 seconds
- 10 Iron Crosses IC
- 10 Flutterkicks IC
- 6 inches for 37 seconds
- Informative note: Whitney educated us this morning that his wife was use to (and appreciated) his efficient performances of 37 seconds, 30 seconds, 20 seconds, and any time below this.
End Time: 0615
- Wednesday run group at the Cate Center (Spring Hill High)
- Camping/hiking trip next week, spots are open, contact Fools Gold
- Convergence on 8/8. Strut (Seven Oaks Park)
- Puddin Pop: Friend Brian Hatcher: Hospice has been called in for cancer. Wife’s cousins lung cancer, prayers for comfort and grace as they look to do a unique, risky surgery.
- Darlas wife’s best friend is continuing to battle cancer.
- Covid: Right now, everyone is in the same storm, just different boats. We will all struggle in different ways, at different times. This is a major piece of what F3 is about, we are here for each other; this week, reach out to someone you haven’t seen in a while, let them know you’ve been thinking about them and encourage them, it could really turn their day around.
In conclusion, you’re probably asking yourself, why 37 of everything today? Well, I’ve made 37 trips around the sun and it was a time to celebrate for all. 37 isn’t the sexiest number (or is it), so I thought I would do a little research and educate all of you why this will be the best year yet:
- 37 is the only two digit number in base 10 whose product, when multiplied by two, subtracted by one, and then read backwards, equals the original two digit number: 37×2=74-1=73, 73 backwards is 37. 11.
- 37 is the number of plays William Shakespeare is thought to have written (counting Henry IV as three parts).
- It’s the normal human body temperature in degrees Celsius.
- Ok, this was stupid and there’s not much out there for 37. But, I’m going to make the best of it!
Thanks guys, appreciate each of you!