Strong numbers today at Bounty with half us doing the IPC and the other half getting faster. There looked to be a ton of Burpees being done at the IPC station. For the Bounty guys, somehow we got 4 miles which is a record for one of YHC’s workouts. Keep getting better, men! Great work, today.
Here’s how it went for Bounty:
Conditions: Partly Cloudy, low 70’s, humid
Light mosey for 400m around track
5 rounds of fun, rest 30s to 1 minute between rounds with a walking cool down (about 100m)
- 100m half speed, 100m mosey
- Rinse and repeat 3x, total of 4 cycles, no rest
- 200m half speed, 200m mosey
- Rinse and repeat 2x, total of 3 cycles, no rest
- 300m half speed, 300m mosey
- Rinse and repeat, 1x for 2 cycles, no rest
- 200m half speed, 200m mosey
- Rinse and repeat 2x, no rest
- 100m half speed
- 30s rest
- 100m half speed back
- Rinse and repeat for four 100m
400m cool down mosey
This was the IPC workout:
Set the timer for 2 minutes. Exercises to be done are:
- 50 Kraken Burpees (3 hand release merkins to a burpee = 1)
- 50 BDE burpees (burpee, to a Bonnie Blair/jumping lunge (1 on each leg), to a squat = 1)
- 50 Bonnie Blairs/Jumping Lunge (right leg-left leg= 1).
Workout starts at the cone. Start the timer. Begin 50 kraken burpees. When timer goes off, sprint to the other cone that is 50 yards away and continue with Kraken Burpees. For example, if you did 8 kraken burpees before the timer went off, when you get to the opposite cone, you start counting with the number 9.
This continues until you finish all 50 kraken burpees.
After finishing 50 Kraken Burpees, run one lap (400 meters). Upon completing 400 meters and returning to the cones, begin 50 BDE burpees. Same procedure as above. When you return, you start doing the BDE Burpees right away and when the timer goes off, you run to the other cone. You DO NOT have to wait for the next timer to go off when you return to start the BDE Burpees. After finishing 50 BDE Burpees, run two laps (800 meters). Upon completing 800 meters and returning to the cones, begin 50 Bonnie Blairs/Jumping Lunges (right leg-left leg = 1). When you return, you start doing the Bonnie Blairs/Jumping Lunges right away and when the timer goes off, you run to the other cone. You DO NOT have to wait for the next timer to go off when you return to start the Bonnie Blairs/Jumping Lunges. After finishing 50 Bonnie Blairs/Jumping lunges, run three laps (1200 meters). You are done after completing 3 laps.
- Cheech 10k on 11/13; sign up as a team with your AO or individually
- Voltron is looking for runners to hang out with for the Smokey Mountain Relay in April. See @f3voltron for details
- Praise: DOT’s mother-in-law
- Praise: No Help is back at it
- Prayers: Our cancer warriors: Notebook, Spackle, No Show, Slim Jim
- YHC’s dad
- Aging parents
- Our country
Where are you?: Borrowed from Pastor Ryan at Radius-Summit
Our pastor talked about what it means to be a man yesterday at church. The part that stuck out to me was this. In Genesis 3:9, God asks Adam, the man, “where are you” as He was walking through the garden of Eden. The woman also ate the fruit, but He didn’t ask the woman where she was, only Adam, as they hid from God in shame. Adam was the leader as called upon by God, as He calls upon us to be.
God asks modern men everyday where they are. Are you there for your family, your friends, owning your responsibilities, are you present? Or are you on your phone, watching TV, or being distracted by something else?
Be ready for God when we asks “where are you” as you hold yourself accountable.