The time to revive the Cottonmouth has arrived. This Blast will provide all participating Pax with your team, the start time, and other important information. Please read this carefully.
When: 2/29/20 at 6:00 a.m. The event will begin at 6am sharp, so please arrive early to confirm your team is together, meet the Pax you don’t know, and otherwise mentally prepare. We expect the event to conclude around 11:00 a.m.
Where: Harbison State Forest – Education Building.
Parking: Pax are encouraged to carpool. There is a $5 fee for a daily pass and a $25 fee for a yearly pass. You can access the application at this site, https://ssl.sc.gov/scfcpermitsales/PermitProfile.aspx, print the permit form and bring $5 to the event. Smokey will take up cash or check that morning. Please do not forget to do this as the HSF has been kind enough to allow F3 to use the Park.
Format: Scavenger Hunt. Your team assignments are below. Teams will be made up on approximately 30 Pax. One Pax has been randomly designated the Team Leader. The Teams can figure out exactly what that means. Among your teammates are a few Pax acting as judges/referees. They will still fully participate, but will not provide hints or suggestions, and will also make sure the rules are complied with.
- This is not a ruck event. You are welcome to wear a ruck or some other backpack, but it’s not necessary.
- Aside from the $5 parking fee, there will be no cost to the Pax.
- Please bring your Shovel Flag for your respective AO.
- Additional HCs are welcome. They are also welcome to show up unannounced at the event.
- We will provide each team with some water, but you may choose to bring your own.
- The estimated distance to be covered is 8.5 miles.
- Each team will be given 6 points to find in the HSF. Each point will be flagged, and instructions for any activity at that point, and your next point, will be provided to you by a referee when you arrive at the point.
- Cell phones are welcome, but we suggest bringing a portable charger if your phone tends to lose battery life easily.
- You will not be permitted to communicate with members from the other team.
- Headlamps are recommended as daylight will not be until around 7am, and visibility is limited in the HSF.
- Each Pax must stay with their teammates. If a Team is separated by more than 100 yards, a 5 minute penalty will result.
- The Team leader shall settle any dispute regarding direction, strategy, etc.
- You will receive certain supplies on Saturday morning. Those items must travel with you and return to the finish line.
- A change of socks is recommended, as the HSF is very wet at points which may result in your pedals getting wet. Plan accordingly.
|TEAM A||TEAM B|
|Rudy (Team Leader)||Bud (Team Leader)|
|Lunch Lady||Aim High|
Gentlemen, this event is going to be full of 1st and 2nd F, and should be a blast. If you have any questions, please let me know.