11 Pax posted for a workout guaranteed to fire up that Metabolism before the start of Thanksgiving. It was a little chilly but the Pax were warmed by holding some blocks for a little while. Work was done, an all left stronger. Here is what went down:
Conditions: mid 30s but not overly cold
Mozey to the block pile, grab a block and circle up on the basketball court for COP:
- SSH x 15 IC
- IW x 15 IC
- TTT x 10IC
- LBAC x 10 IC Front / x 10 IC Back
Grab your block and Mozey to the near corner of the Track:
- 25 Block Swings
- 20 Curls 4 Gurls
- 15 Tricep Extensions
- 10 Block Rows
- 5 Block Burpees
- 1 lap – Up the ramp and then down the steps, and back down the straight.
- For extra running, take the long way around the track at the bottom of the steps (True Crowdpleaser…. Running is recovery…. and less time on the blocks…)
- Rinse and Repeat until time was called
Mozey to return the block back to the block pile and then back to the VSF
- Wap’s take on Thanksgiving in COT was all you would expect. Scheduling and Preparation are key.
- H40BD to SundayDriver on Thursday…. now with a VQ with a CoQ with Wap…. That escalated quickly…. LOL
- Thursday – 6:00 for 1 hour with SundayDriver and Wapner CoQ
- Saturday – 6:00 Business as usual
- FHF – Still collecting Money/Gifts. Shopping Date TBA
- Next Tues – 2ndF dinner, maybe with FHF
- 12/14 – Christmas Party
- 12/24 – Nativity Ruck (Save the Date)
- Booster – Family health
- Poc – Pulled Hammie on same leg doing rehab
- Canseco – Family Friend killed, Summersett family
- Wap – M’s Friend
- Jobu – Friends Dad
- Jobu – Coworker’s Mom
- SundayDrive – M’s Uncle with strokes
- Other Pax dealing with injuries and getting back in the gloom
Just a little reminder of perspective as we enter this week of Thanksgiving and will no doubt face frustration with Family or Situations along the way. Take a minute to see the blessings in everything around us.
I Am Thankful For:
…the mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends.
…the taxes I pay because it means that I am employed.
…the clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat.
…my shadow who watches me work because it means I am out in the sunshine.
…a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means that I have a home.
…the spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking.
…all the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.
…my huge heating bill because it means that I am warm.
…the lady behind me in church who sings off key because it means I can hear.
…the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby.
…the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means that I’m alive.
…weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have been productive.