8 pax posted for some Acceleration with their Merkin form. Some got better, maybe all got better. Time will tell.
Conditions: 73 and OH SO HUMID…. Almost Raining… but not…
Mozey to back lot for COP:
- SSH x10 IC
- IW x10 IC
- LBAC x10 IC
- LBAC x10 IC
- MichaelPhelps x10 IC
- Mt Climbers x10 IC
- 6 count Burpee x7 IC
Mozey to the block Pile and Circle up on the basketball court
Today’s Workout is based on this article from T Nation
- Push-ups are underrated in the strength and conditioning world. Why? Because too many people do it wrong.
Women face different challenges when performing push-ups. But there are ways to get around those and perfect their push-ups.
- Use push-up progressions to fix your form. This includes:
- mistakes in arm placement,
- hip sagging,
- and poor range of motion.
- Once you master the basics, move on to the advanced options.
Partner up for Progression:
- Low Plank x10 IC
- Pushup Plank x5 IC
- Incline Merks x5 IC
- Merks from Knees x5 IC (10 Bent Over Rows with the Block to balance out the back)
- Elevated Knee Merks
- Negative Merks
- Single Merks x5 with Partner as Proctor (10 Bent Over Rows with the Block to balance out the back)
Mozey to the Track for a Running is Recovery Indian Run Lap
Rinse and Repeat the progression adding some reps here and there.
Other Check Points from the Army PT Manual:
- The hands are directly below the shoulders with fingers spread (middle fingers point straight ahead).
- On Counts 1 and 3 the upper arms stay close to the trunk, elbows pointing rearward.
- On Counts 2 and 4 the elbows straighten but do not lock.
- The trunk should not sag. To prevent this, tighten the abdominal muscles while in the Starting Position and maintain this contraction throughout the exercise.
- Variation: Soldiers should assume the six–point stance on their knees when unable to perform repetitions correctly to cadence.
Return Blocks to the Block pile, and Mozey up to the sidewalk in the staff parking lot.
Single Merks x5 to 10 with Partner as Proctor.
Mozey back to VSF
- 3 pax posted for some #CrusadeLite. Great 1stF and 2ndF opportunity (and when faster runners hang back with YHC, it counts as all 3Fs!)
- Cool to have Dunphy post for a workout that utilized the DunphyDome (not sure when the plaque will be installed…)
- Tonight – 2ndF dinner at M.O.D. Pizza – 8:15ish
- 10/26 – Go Leo Go 5k – Speed For Need Chair will be there. See Thumbs Up
- 11/16 – Cheech 10K – Still time to sign up
- Mentoring Opportunity at Midway- We have been informed that the F3 mentor program at Midway was so successful last year that they now have 33 students available for mentoring. If you have any interest in what this would look like, please let me or Bulldog know. It is only 30 minutes per week and can be life changing.
- The Turning Point Q sheet is WIDE OPEN for October. Since F3 is a free opportunity, your optional payment is to Q when you are ready. Don’t be a one-hit wonder Qer or a VQ and through.Co-Qs are fine. Let’s get creative boys. Sign up below https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NHzSQPoPhk7V8zTQdJAfef2IgqUdCKORiomgP1NlFgU/edit#gid=1410389167
- There are PAX out there that you know need to be out here. Encourage them, swing by and pick them up and bring them. There are men in the community, that you go to church with, that you know need to be out here. Encourage them, swing by and pick them up and bring them. You may be the PAX that you know needs to be out here. Allow us to encourage you, allow us to swing by and pick you up so we can bring you- you make TP better and we need you back.
- Booster – Prayer for a Fellow Pax
- PA – Dad having Knee Surgery
- Wilbur – 2.1 fractured foot
- Corbit Anderson
- Swanson Family
Devo: “But godliness actually is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment.” – 1 Timothy 6:6
From @F3_TheForge Tweet Yesterday:
Play your shot! A golfer will never win a tournament focusing more on the leaderboard than his next shot. What are you focusing on? The past? The future? Or the present? Do your best with where you are and the process will take care of the rest.
So many times we get distracted on who might be ahead of us or who might be behind us.
Just like a marathon runner can’t finish 26.1 miles before completing mile 3, we have to complete what we have to do today, and do it well, before we can move on.
God has put you in the place today for a purpose. Be where your feet are. Trust God for the results.