Environmental readings: 36 degrees, 0 out of 10 UV index, darkish skies, a chill in the air due to the breeze in the sky (it was this point YHC decided shorts were a bad idea).
6 PAX gather in the Jumanji Jungle for the last workout of February 2015 with the goal of getter better. Its a beautiful morning in the jungle, with no snow and no wintery mixes of any sorts. So, lets make the most of it, shall we?
I always enjoy coming to this AO. The Jumanji Jungle is an awesome AO of wide open spaces with lots and lots of options. I guess you could say I love the jungle. Which reminds me of Morris Day and the Time and their version of Jungle Love. So, as you continue reading, first click and listen as you read. Ladies and gentleman, Morris Day (crank up the volume):
Run via the path and pause for warm-up:
- 25 SSHs (IC)
- 25 Walkers for Walker (IC)
Mosey a little further and pause for:
- 25 Windmills (IC)
- 20 Mountain Climbers (IC)
- 20 Plank Jacks (IC)
(do not let arms go below parallel for next 6 exercises)
- 24 Little Arm Circles Forward (IC) (forward)
- 24 Overhead claps (IC)
- 24 Shoulder presses (IC)
- 12 Little Arm Circles Forward (IC) (backward)
- 12 Overhead claps (IC)
- 12 Shoulder presses (IC)
Continue the mosey and pause for:
- Burp and Merk up from 1 to 10 and plank when finished.
Mosey closer to the school.
- 20 Merkins (OYO)
- 20 Squats (OYO)
- 20 Big Boy Sit-Ups (OYO) plank when finished
- 15 Merkins (OYO)
- 15 Squats (OYO)
- 15 Big Boy Sit-Ups (OYO) plank when finished
- 10 Merkins (OYO)
- 10 Squats (OYO)
- 10 Big Boy Sit-Ups (OYO) plank when finished
- 5 Merkins (OYO)
- 5 Squats – (OYO)
- 5 Big Boy Sit-Ups (OYO) plank when finished
Mosey to middle of the bus circle, and partner up
- 20 Iron Crosses, switch;
- 100 Merkins by each team, with one partner doing the exercise while alternate partner planks, both plank when done;
- 100 Squats by each team – alternate partner does air chair while waiting, plank when done;
- 100 LBCs by each team – alternate partner does 6 inches while waiting, plank when done.
Mosey to side of school with the benches.
Partner 1 does Alternating Step-ups while Partner 2 runs one lap around bus circle in front of school, switch
Partner 1 does Decline Merkins; Partner 2 runs one lap around bus circle in front of school, switch
Partner 1 does Dips; Partner 2 runs one lap around bus circle in front of school, switch
Mosey to grassy area near soccer fields
- 20 Smurf-Jacks (IC)
- 25 LBCS (IC)
- 20 Flutter Kicks (IC)
- 15 Freddie Mercury (IC)
- 15 Hello Dolly (IC)
- 15 Dying Coachroaches (IC)
- 15 Side Twists ankle touch things (IC)
Rally round the shovel flag, lads!
Great work today by the herd. I threw all I could at them and they bounced back for more. T-Claps to Alter Boy and Napalm on an 8 mile “taper” prior to the BC. Great coffeeteria post workout, too! Thanks for having me today.
- Mud Run registration has begun and April 11th is Go Time.
- Quarry Crusher Run is April 18th (6K or 10K)
- Goruck Custom Light (aka “Back Pack thingee light”) is May 1st
- Continue to pray for Walker’s recovery. Lets us NOT be one prayer short of a miracle. Consider helping with costs of therapy sessions, see: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/walkerphillips/journal/view/id/54ed25c8a689b40f0e1b4482
- Prayers/thoughts/best wishes to Ginger as he and his family take part in the real estate market.
Devotional: Never be one prayer short of a miracle.
Closing prayer by Alter Boy.