10 men beat the fartsack this morning to get better in the gloom and we probably should have read the devotional first as everyone pushed through with great effort and “didn’t give up”. YHC saw this week opened awhile ago and figured I’d take the week and have some fun with the Surge PAX. It’s been awhile since YHC has Q’d so was looking forward to leading these men. Had a few ideas in mind but wanted to make sure we got our burpees in, even though Wee Wee is on vacation I know he’ll regret missing this one. Maybe we’ll do a redo when he returns sometime.
30 second warning, No FNGs, good to see Up Charge, Disclaimer, Prayer and we’re off.
Mobile COT around the school, stopping to do various warm-up exercises
- SSHx10IC – 5 burpees
- Merkinsx10IC – 5 burpees
- Mountain Climbersx10IC – 5 burpees
- TTTx10IC – 5 burpees
Stop by the blockpile and grab a block…mosey to the bus loop stopping at a light pole. Get ready for…
ELEVENS: Exercises are Burpees and Kettlebell Swings
Start with 1 burpee, 10 kettlebell swings…..end with 10 burpees, 1 kettlebell swing…50yd sprint there and back between reps.
Plank-a-rama on the six…grab block and head to parking lot and find your own special parking space.
PRISONER WORKOUT-LITE: Starting with 5 reps/corner and increase by 1 rep each time around the 4 corners of the space until you finish 10 reps…exercises are block burpee, block merkin, OH press and curls for the girls.
RECOVER to return blocks to the blockpile and mosey back to the Shovel Flag.
- Rec Northside Race – August 17th – volunteer or run if you can, or donate to the mission cause
- Surge P200 team – need to finalize HC’s
- Sunday Communion Run & Coffee – 5:30am
- Two Star daughter – doctor appointment today, possible surgery
Don’t Give Up
“It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” (NIV) ( 1 Corinthians 13:7 )
Have you ever had a day where the only three words that kept you going where, DON’T GIVE UP? Sometimes love means choosing to keep at it, even when you feel at the end of your tank. Ask God to give you the strength to love others with His enduring love. May He give you the strength to push past conflict. Love is a choice. Choose to not give up today.
- Burpees are fun and enjoyable says no one. Total of 120 today including the block burpees.
- Cyclone asked for no squats yesterday via text message and YHC obliged and changed up to kettlebell swings instead – not sure which one was better
- Butt Dial got frustrated with his block and decided to break it into pieces during the prisoner workout.
- Good to see Sauerkraut and Up Charge back out with us
- Hopefully we’ll see more of the regular PAX back out there on Thursday