I was excited to bring my tabata-tunes workout to the hard-working PAX of Shawshank. Based on their reactions as we progressed through the workout, everybody got better this morning. Here are the details…
MOSEY to shelter for COP.
SSH X 15 IC
LBAC (front & back) X 10 IC
TTT X 15 IC
MERKINS X 10 OYO
SQUATS X 15 IC
T-PLANK MERKINS X 10 OYO
IMPERIAL WALKERS X 15 IC
6-ct. BURPEES X 10 OYO
MOSEY to concrete pad near soccer fields and circle up.
TABATA – 8 rounds: 20 seconds of exercise followed by 10 seconds of rest for 4:00 total
ROUND 1 – “Pass the Mic” by the Beastie Boys
Exercises included: Merkins, Carolina Dry Docks, T-Plank Merkins, Burpees (2 rounds of each)
ROUND 2 – “Monkey Wrench” by Foo Fighters
Exercises included: Flutter Kicks (2 rounds), Imperial Walkers (2 rounds), Gas Pumps (2 rounds), Flutter Kicks, Imperial Walkers
ROUND 3 – “Running Down a Dream” by Tom Petty
Exercises included: Squats, Prisoner Squats, Gorilla Squats, Jump Squats (2 rounds of each)
ROUND 4 – “Tom Sawyer” by Rush
Exercises included: Burpees, Burpees, Burpees, Burpees, Burpees, Burpees, Burpees, Burpees
ROUND 5 – “No Rain” by Blind Melon
Exercises included: T Plank Merkins, Flutter Kicks, Prisoner Squats, Burpees (2 rounds of each)
MOSEY back to starting spot
ROUND 6 – “Jump Around” by House of Pain
Because we still had time…
William Thornburg (35) – moved to Columbia for college (South Carolina) and never left. Married a little over two years with baby on the way. Works for Aflac (Duck?, Quack?). WELCOME Quack!
* Runvergence 5:30 Wednesday at Dreher High School, 5:00 3rd F opportunity
* Saturday Shawshank bootcamp at 6:00 followed by trip to Veteran’s home for workout at 7:00 led by Coon Dog.
* Carolina Reaper this Saturday – packet pickup ends at 2:00
* Sweet Baby O – first Saturday in August
* Stomp the Swamp – last Saturday in August
* John Flanagan Memorial 10K coming up in November
* Upcoming CSAUP opportunity on 12/1 – more details forthcoming.
* Gump’s family
* Fort Mill PAX – recovery following motorcycle accident
* Buzzsaw – dealing with a leg issue
* JJ – still dealing with back issues
* Our country – turmoil
As always, it’s an honor to stand among and lead these men. I look forward to seeing them all in the gloom soon.