Burpees suck. – Dozer
YHC is no prophetic thinker, he just states the obvious. However, one of the things I have learned in 3 plus years of F3 is that there is no other single exercise that does as much for you as the burpee. Another informational nugget YHC has learned is that in order to overcome disdain for a specific exercise or activity, you have to learn to embrace the suck. Burpees won’t go away, so one needs to find something to like about them. With that said, I had an idea around the anatomy of a burpee. What makes up a burpee; read on to find out as the pax of CAT did.
***Conditions*** 79 with 80% humidity
***Disclaimer and Prayer***
- Slowsy to track in front of high jump area. Circle up for COP
- SSH X 15 IC
- TTT X 15 IC
- IW X 15 IC
- LBAC X 15 IC – forward
- LBAC X 15 IC – revers
- Move over to football practice field. Set up 2 cones on far hashmarks on 10 yard line. Set up 2 more on same hashmarks on 30 yard line.
- Start on one cone, lunge to cone on opposite hashmark. Once there, do 15 merkins. Lunge to next cone, do 20 groiners. Lunge to next cone, do 25 jump squats. Lunge to final cone for 10 complete burpees.
- Rinse and repeat 2 more times, substituting reverse lunges and duck walk for lunges.
- After 3 rounds, the mumble chatter was pretty lively. Time to shake things up a little. We went to the block pile and grabbed a block.
- 3 more rounds doing overhead carries with the blocks in between cones.
- Put blocks up, pick up cones and back to track.
- 10 min of People’s choice ab work. Slowsy to parking lot for 2 min of People’s Chair.
- Stomp the Swamp 8/26 – Converge at RBHS before the race
- 9/8-9/9 – BRR
- Continue to remember the Flanagan family