It was another Thanksgiving feast at CAT. Well we really had leftovers from last year. In other words… the same workout. But, hey, it got the job done. Five (5) showed up early for 3.5 miles of good rucking. Afterward we had 7 for some coffeteria at Lizard’s Thickett.
As we were getting started, several pax came it hot. Turned out to be a handful of pax that did a 5K race at Ambush earlier and, I guess, decided to join the CAT guys for bootcamp. Pennyworth was the recipient of a $10 prize, even after tying his shoes during the race.
Weather was high 30s, low wind (thankfully)
1 minute warning, disclaimer, prayer, welcome Ambush pax, pick up Tom the Turkey
Head to the blocks, grab one, and circle up on the practice field. We began with a warm-up of:
- 15x SSHs IC
- 15x Imperial Walkers IC
- 15x Mountain Climbers on your block IC
The the first plate was served. A pax would roll the die to determine the next exercise. We went through multiple exercises for about 13 minutes. Plate one consisted of:
- Roll a 1 – 10 Block Jump Burpees
- Roll a 2 – 20 Block Thrusters
- Roll a 3 – 30 Block Merkins
- Roll a 4 – 40 Curls For The Girls
- Roll a 5 – 50 Bent Over Block Rows
- Roll a 6 – 60 Overhead Block Presses
We returned the blocks and went to the planters for another 13 minutes of plate two.
- Roll a 1 – 10 Wall Jumps
- Roll a 2 – 20 Decline Merkins
- Roll a 3 – 30 Step Ups
- Roll a 4 – 40 Incline Merkins
- Roll a 5 – 50 Dips
- Roll a 6 – 60 Squats
We next went in front of the stairs for 13 minutes of plate three.
- Roll a 1 – 10 Burpees
- Roll a 2 – 20 Curb Merkins
- Roll a 3 – 30 Big Boy Sit-Ups
- Roll a 4 – 40 Hand Release Merkins
- Roll a 5 – 50 Little Baby Crunches
- Roll a 6 – 60 Calf Raises
That took us to time and we headed to the shovel flag. We either had some high rollers or a loaded die as there were several numbers that hit multiple times. Or maybe they just hit at right (or wrong) time. If I Q at CAT next year for the 3rd Thanksgiving, I know what will be served.
Announcements, Prayers, Pledge of Allegiance.
- Need mentors. Ask Kendoll for details
- 12/1: Wildcat
- 12/2: Christmas Parade
- 12/14: Christmas Party. Preblast: https://www.f3midlands.com/other/5th-annual-f3fia-lexington-christmas-party
- 2/16: Dam2Dam
- Irrev – Koon family (1 year since daughter (43) was killed in accident)
- Paper Jam – Juice’s father in law
- Dozer – spot on back, additional procedure tomorrow; prayers asked for things at home