A few days ago the Wander AOQ threw out some open dates. YHC decided to pick up the Q this morning. Partly to fill the slot, and partly because I need some more Bragg prep. The 3 mile route was intentionally a shorter out-n-back route so that we could get in some PT midway. Here is how it went down…
Weather: mid-30s, clear, nice (if you don’t mind the cold)
1 minute warning, no FNGs, disclaimer, prayer.
- Exit parking lot.
- R onto S. Church.
- R onto Hendrix.
- L onto Gibson.
- R onto Duffie.
- Pitstop into Duffie Park for some fun.
- Retrace steps back to shovel flag.
At the turn around point (I think this officially called Duffie Park, where the playground sets are), we stopped for 10 minutes of PT round-robin style. Here are the exercises that were called (as best I recall)…
- 20x OYO ruck raises to chin
- 20x OYO squats
- 20x OYO overhead presses
- 20x OYO merkins
- 100x OYO two count flutter kicks with rucks extended
- 20x OYO ruck bench presses
- 20x OYO laying leg raises (0 to 90 degrees) with rucks extended
- 20x OYO monkey humpers
- 20x OYO ruck overhead squats (crowd pleaser)
- 15x OYO merkins
- 20x OYO rucks up front, dips on table’s seat
Since we finished the PT with the rucks on our front, we kept the rucks there for the return trip. The PAX returned the rucks to their backs at various points and we all finished on time, as a group, safe and sound.
Krispy Kreme was decided to be the #Coffeteria location of choice. I believe that was the best decision we made all morning. 3 met there for some quality 2nd F time.
- February 16 – Dam to Dam relay
- February 16 – Bragg Heavy
- March 16 – Race Against Hunger
- March 22-23 – P200
- March 30 – Rotatry Club of Lexington is hosting an oyster roast at the old Harmon Tree Farm, now called Grove at Augusta. See MacGruber (@BoSTAPLES) for details and tickets.
- Runners and ruckers during next weekend’s events… D2D and Muggy Tape, Argyle, and Kenwood for the Bragg
- Maggie, who is Blindside and Volley’s daughter, still dealing with seizures, praying for her to recover with help of newly found physician
- Continued prayers for the family and friends of Digits. There has been a lot of anger, frustration, and confusion because of the report that came out this week. Prayers for healing from all of that as well, along with understanding that God’s got this.