So yesterday I was trying to figure out what the workout would look like this morning. I tried to find something special about April 16th. Really didn’t see any significant events or birthdays that stood out. Then I saw a FB post about how Jupiter, Saturn, and Mars were somewhat lining up near the moon just before sunrise. It’ll be another couple years until they are close again. The post went on to give some facts about the planets. So I used that (kinda) in the workout. Here’s how it went.
Conditions: Garage… nice and lit. Outside… chilly and dark. Ranger’s living room… his couch looks real cozy!
Intro, disclaimer, talk a little about what’s about to go down, mute all.
- 10x Side Straddle Hops IC
- 10x Imperial Walkers IC
- 10x Thru The Tunnels IC
- 10 Burpees with 1 Merkin in the middle
- 10 “On yo’ backs” with 1 Legs Up / Legs Out in the middle
- 9 Burpees with 2 Merkins in the middle
- 9 “On yo’ backs” with 2 Legs Up / Legs Out in the middle
- 8 Burpees with 3 Merkins in the middle
- 8 “On yo’ backs” with 3 Legs Up / Legs Out in the middle
- 7 Burpees with 4 Merkins in the middle
- 7 “On yo’ backs” with 4 Legs Up / Legs Out in the middle
- 6 Burpees with 5 Merkins in the middle
- 6 “On yo’ backs” with 5 Legs Up / Legs Out in the middle
- 5 Burpees with 6 Merkins in the middle
- 5 “On yo’ backs” with 6 Legs Up / Legs Out in the middle
- 4 Burpees with 7 Merkins in the middle
- 4 “On yo’ backs” with 7 Legs Up / Legs Out in the middle
- 3 Burpees with 8 Merkins in the middle
- 3 “On yo’ backs” with 8 Legs Up / Legs Out in the middle
- 2 Burpees with 9 Merkins in the middle
- 2 “On yo’ backs” with 9 Legs Up / Legs Out in the middle
- 1 Burpee with 10 Merkins in the middle
- 1 “On yo’ back” with 10 Legs Up / Legs Out in the middle
After this we took a breather. I stepped out side (Cramps was already outside) and mentioned the 3 planets being near the moon. I returned to the garage to read off some of the planets’ facts. Then we finished up with some Mary…
- 20x Flutter Kicks IC
- 20x Hello Dolly’s IC
- 20x American Hammers IC
- 20x Heel Touches IC
We closed things out with a quick picture, announcements (none), and prayer.
- Jupiter’s diameter is 11 times that of Earth. It’s gravity is almost 3 times stronger. The Great Red Spot is a giant storm than has been going on for many years. It’s year is nearly 12 Earth years. Jupiter has 75 moons.
- Saturn’s diameter is 9 times bigger. Gravity is only slightly stronger. Like Jupiter, Saturn is mainly a giant ball of gas made up of Hydrogen and Helium. Saturn’s day last 10.7 hours. It’s year is 29 Earth years. Saturn has 53 moons.